• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band fitted not loosing weight!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
:cry:I have an appointment with my Consultant on Thursday this week as although I have had an adjustment, I dont appear to have lost much weight if anything at all!!!
Im not cheating and I am not eating too much rubbish (compared to before the op), so what am I doing wrong?? :sigh:

Please can someone tell me the secret of their success, as I feel that I have wasted £7k!:cry:

alliecat

frustrated bander!
:cry:I have an appointment with my Consultant on Thursday this week as although I have had an adjustment, I dont appear to have lost much weight if anything at all!!!
Im not cheating and I am not eating too much rubbish (compared to before the op), so what am I doing wrong?? :sigh:

Please can someone tell me the secret of their success, as I feel that I have wasted £7k!:cry:

Sorry to hear things are not going as well as you hoped Mrs V. Can I ask how long ago you had the op, and how much you have lost so far?????

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Mrs V can I suggest that you keep a comprehensive food diary between now and Thursday? That way you're surgeon might be able to point out a problem.

Shel

georgina

sorry to hear ur not losing the weight mrs v but give it time ok good luck with it ive had a bypass so i dont know about the band xxx

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
Hi Mrs V, I'm having a gastric band next Monday. I have been told that it can take up to 2-6 fills to get the correct tightness for me to lose weight and the 1st 6 weeks of my band there might not be any weightloss due to how the body reacts to the band and not to worry .When did u have your band? is this your first fill? and what is your average daily diet for last week honestly ? I have 2 years of aftercare with my band ( done Privatley) and i have loads of info paperwork that has been given to me etc ...If u need some help . xxx

finnsmum

Fills

You'll probably need more than 1 fill before you start losing weight. I lost a little straight after the op but it took about 3 or 4 fills before I started losing consistently.

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
Welcome Finnsmum and thanks for the post nice to get that info confirmed from a bander. Puts my mind at rest too :) Can i ask how long u have had the band and how your weight loss has been to date and any problems u may have had. I've only been a bander for a week now and any info after op would be greatly appreciated xxx