• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Weight loss

pickleberry

Hi Everyone
I had my band fitted just over 7 weeks ago and had my first fill 2 weeks ago. I have weighed myself today but it is saying no loss :sigh: i can tell by inches that i have lost something. I has got me down as i am trying so hard.
Have all banders lost much since the op?
:cry::cry::cry:

The band does not give you that dramatic weight loss soon after the op like the bypass does, over time the band loss will catch up though but it is a slower route and one that needs a lot of self discipline and will power because we have to wait for the right restriction AND keep an eye on what and how much we eat til then as it is unfortunately easier to cheat with a band as well. Sucks eh?
BUT, it's really early days yet for you and as long as you follow the food guidelines given by your provider and keep going , you will find weight loss picks up.
The main thing is to not quit trying really, you are so early on in the process I honestly would not panic!
Some of us waited ages for restriction to be just right, you might be a lucky type who gets it spot on on the next fill!
You have lost inches and that is awesome, the scales can be disappointing but inches don't wavver about so much and are a good measure of your progress.
I know it's hard to wait for results but persevere and the scales will catch up with you x

It's early days and the body is weird - the pounds may not go down sometimes but the inches seem to fall off. I had a stall for a couple of weeks. Was most p**sed off. Then I put on a clean pair of jeans not warn for two weeks and they fell straight down. Weird.
Keep on going, check you are eating enough protein. I try not to eat too many carbs and keep fat to a minimum (except when I have decided to have a treat). Remember to eat foods that are challenging to your band first, e.g some couscous or chicken I find generally fills the pouch up and takes ages to go through. If I am very hungry and have been doing a lot then I may have soft foods first then.
Hope this might help a little x

I am not a bander but just wanted to give you a little encouragement. The band will be hard work but you can make a terrific success by eating well and getting some exercise. The band is a tool and until the sweet spot of the perfect fill level is found you may not see many pounds fall away, that is normal. However you can look forward sizes dropping along the way which is wonderful, and when you finally find the perfect restriction you will be please to see the pounds shift. Try to focus on a creating a healthy lifestyle and working with your shiny new weight loss tool.

Wishing you the best of luck,
Nic:)

Back