• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band - Let's be honest?

helloeverybody83

Hiya, Not looking for lots of responses about how we shouldn't do it... because we ALL know we shouldn't do it (and I don't need reminding thanks :) ) BUT I wondered if anyone has ever blended food (high calorie treats) as a one off or regularly because there is a certain type of food/quantity of food they really want or miss??

I want to and wondered if any one else wonders or ever has?

x

Ewwww...sounds nasty! I know when my banded buddy felt sweet hit needed, she had pot of Hagan Daz, excuse spelling...not the big pot, the individual ones xxx

not blended anything but i cooked my beef for hours yesterday so it just fell apart. Just so I could eat some sunday dinner. Had a fill wednesday and struggled since with eating. Just couldnt face no dinner so overcooked beef it had to be (p.s with far too much gravy too)

I think I missed the point...I can't answer a) I've not got a band & b) I've not got a sweet tooth so blending a bar of chocolate or a cake wudnt wet my whistle in the slightest...
The thought of cheese n wine blended would b vile (I'm not goin down the fondu route....licks lips)
I'll phone a friend....b back l8r!!! X

Thanks ladies!
Yeah, I've heard that said about meat. I sometimes have mashed potato with butter in it. It's no where near as bad as some of the things I used to eat but I suppose we all need the odd treat.

It's never occurred to me, it sounds vile.

There are plenty of 'naughty' things I could eat if I wanted to without blending ie chocolate/ice cream/cheese.

Hiya, Not looking for lots of responses about how we shouldn't do it... because we ALL know we shouldn't do it (and I don't need reminding thanks :) ) BUT I wondered if anyone has ever blended food (high calorie treats) as a one off or regularly because there is a certain type of food/quantity of food they really want or miss?? I want to and wondered if any one else wonders or ever has? x

I had a band slip and could barely swallow my saliva. I had to chew food and spit it out without swallowing. That was grim. I'd imagine blending yummy foods so they're unrecognisable would be even more grim. Don't blend... It won't be satisfying texture wise. Have a small amount of the treat foods you like and enjoy it but limit it. If it's food you can't manage at all then perhaps the band is too tight. Assuming we are talking bands here !?!?!

Ha yeah - band. I wouldn't - and KNOW I shouldn't. But sometimes I think about it. I mean sweet things, not like blending a roast dinner or anything! Haha. Oooh a band slip? That sounds pretty awful - how did you know it had slipped? Could you tell or did you have problems and get an x-ray? x

Asked friend...she said nope, only dirty secrets she has were ice cream releted.
At the end of day I'm sure u can & failed banders (not those with genuine medical issues) will telling it deals with physical hunger, not head hunger.
I've already decided see food counsellor privately privately 4 assistance.

Hope all goes well x

Hiya - aw thanks for nice message.
It's not something I'm going to do. Wish I hadn't asked. A stream of 'oh that's gross', 'don't do it' etc isn't really helpful and just makes me feel a bit judged and like I'm a freak!
Will keep my gob shut next time. Haha.

In other news - I'm still confused why since fill no.5 I can't tolerate banana any more. Waah x
C x

Hiya - aw thanks for nice message.
It's not something I'm going to do. Wish I hadn't asked. A stream of 'oh that's gross', 'don't do it' etc isn't really helpful and just makes me feel a bit judged and like I'm a freak!
Will keep my gob shut next time. Haha.

In other news - I'm still confused why since fill no.5 I can't tolerate banana any more. Waah x
C x
No don't think that...it's easy to judge from a statement hunni...Im lucky no sweet tooth as a said previously & thought of watching doritoes,Canadian cheddar & a good white wine bein blended made me heave....as I said I removed fondue thoughts as they teetered on orgasmic!!!!

Chuck a dart & see where it lands ....question wise... but don't take it too personally...peeps here have a common bond & singular minded goals which I have to say is both humbling & inspirational.....sumtimes when u quote exceptional, it's viewed that way.

My band bested is 4yrs along & lots exp if you prefer pm feel free !

Keep on doing what your doing xxx

Last edited:
I think its a common missconception that banders do this, an uneducated one but still.

As you can see from the answers it just isn't the case.

Don't feel like you can't ask something though, it's easy to take things out of context on a forum. We are all a lovely bunch really :gen126: xx

Yeah the people I worked with in my old job were all talking once about 'there's people in america that have had bands but blend cakes etc'... and I suppose it's just curiosity really. Wondered if anyone had anything to own up to!

Oh yes, people are lovely. Was just surprised people were saying saying 'no don't' when I'd specifically said that I already knew I shouldn't haha. Suppose people just care *hugs* x

Back