• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band operation tomorrow at dolan

im sure you will be fine andy!!!

Hope your Op has gone well!!

Hi Andy, yes you are right. Funding has to come from your own Pct even if you are at an out of area hospital. However the hospital carries more weight if it applies for funding under exceptional circumstances for you.
Hth

Yvessa said:
Hi Andy, yes you are right. Funding has to come from your own Pct even if you are at an out of area hospital. However the hospital carries more weight if it applies for funding under exceptional circumstances for you.
Hth

Hi Yvessa
Thanks so much for your reply, I appreciate it :)

Hopefully I can build up a good Case when I apply for funding again because I've lost weight in the 5 & half months with the dietician, have OSA , my BMI is through the roof and I now meet ALL the criteria that my PCT need... Aswell as ( potentially ) the backing of a Professor . Hopefully this will get me through to secure funding... But ( I hate that word lol ) I'm not counting me chickens just yet .

Thanks again for your reply :)

Take care
Andy xx

Hi

Well..i'll take you through the story :eek:

I was turned down for funding in Jan because i didn't have any records of weight loss for 6 months so i started to see a dietician in May.
In July i was diagnosed with Obstructive sleep apnoea....The results were bad as i was stopping breathing 70 times an hour,and my blood oxygen went as low as 51%..i was more or less unconcious as opposed to sleeping:sigh::cry:

Anyway,I told my Sleep Ap Nurse ( who is absolutely brilliant) that i had been turned down for funding and i was attending a dietician for 6 months etc...and she said that she would get me a referral to see this Professor Alcolado at Queen's Hospital Romford Essex.
She didn't elaborate on anything and i asked what i was seeing him for.She asked if i was still going to try for Bariatric surgery and i said 'Yes'.
She then briefly said that by seeing him,i need to be honest about my eating pattern and that he could possibly 'Fast Track' me a step nearer to get me on the right road.
Even now i'm thinking that although it can only be a good thing going to see a person of his stature,i thought that regardless what happens,only my own PCT can secure my funding,and this is out of my area.
Just another thing,When i received my appointment,it did say that i have to report to 'Team Three' at the hospital.

Again i've tried to look further into this but came up with zilch:(

I guess i'll find out soon enough!

Thanks for asking though...and if yourself or anyone has any clues or ideas what it may or may not be,i'll be glad of any feedback.

Thanks
Andy xx

Hello I am under queens @ romford. that where I had my gastric band done in July 2010 xxx

BlueDiamond said:
Hello I am under queens @ romford. that where I had my gastric band done in July 2010 xxx

Oh wow:)

That's fantastic .

When I first asked my GP about surgery, I thought that Queens would be where I'd go should I have my funding... But apparently, according to my GP , they dont perform operations there anymore so I have the choice of either Homerton or Luton & Dunstable. I chose the latter because although Homerton is nearer for me, My sister can visit me at L&D because she lives in Watford.

I'm on my phone sending this and would like to add you as a friend if you don't mind.. But I'll need to do it on my Pc as I'm not sure u can add you from the phone!

Take care and thanks for posting

Andy xx

Oh wow:)

That's fantastic .

When I first asked my GP about surgery, I thought that Queens would be where I'd go should I have my funding... But apparently, according to my GP , they dont perform operations there anymore so I have the choice of either Homerton or Luton & Dunstable. I chose the latter because although Homerton is nearer for me, My sister can visit me at L&D because she lives in Watford.

I'm on my phone sending this and would like to add you as a friend if you don't mind.. But I'll need to do it on my Pc as I'm not sure u can add you from the phone!

Take care and thanks for posting

Andy xx

Have accepted Andy and Course I dont mind. Thats rather strange as I know they are still accepting ppl @ queens still because I spoke to my surgeons secretary recently on another matter, albeit they are not accepting as many but they are still taking them. I was refused for homerton point blank, didnt even get me foot in the door, lol, (p.s. where abouts are u hun) hope thats ok to ask x

Have accepted Andy and Course I dont mind. Thats rather strange as I know they are still accepting ppl @ queens still because I spoke to my surgeons secretary recently on another matter, albeit they are not accepting as many but they are still taking them. I was refused for homerton point blank, didnt even get me foot in the door, lol, (p.s. where abouts are u hun) hope thats ok to ask x

Oh okay...That's interesting,May have to check that.

Yes it's fine to ask....I'm in Epping :)

Have you heard of this Professor Alcolado i'm seeing by any chance?

xx

All the best for tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be fine and you will be back on this site very soon as a "post- opper" how exciting is that.

Hi i have got my operation tomorrow and am quite nervous , has anyone else had a band done at the dolan surgery? If so did you get much pain afterwards?

It's normal to be nervous.Just want to wish you all the best.

keep in touch when you're ready :)

Take Care

Andy x

Back