• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band pre op diet - help!!!!!!!

hollywood30

hi everyone im due my gastric band next thursday 24th may. I have let myself down and not started my 1000-1200 cals a day diet yet :cry:I didnt think it would matter much but been reading on here my liver might be too big and they may not do my op :cry: dont know what to do now . Im going to start a milk and yogurt diet in the morning but that will only be 7 days do you think it will still shrink? I so hope it does be devasted if I cant get my op after paying so much money. please help xx

dinkydink

You'll be fine! Start today and stick to it! Personally I found the low cal one easier than the milk one. Good luck!

snack

Start now and you'll be fine I only had just over a week to do it and my liver was fine xx

JO28172

You may be ok but depends on your starting weight? I'm guessing from your post you were asked to start it sooner? What made you not do this? I ask because you're gonna need alot of strength and willpower in the weeks ahead to make this work....

hollywood30

I didnt realise they couldn't do the op if my livers too big. I'm 250lbs - started today on milk and yoghurt so I hope it shrinks enough :( they said do 2 weeks 1000-1200 cals xx

Kay1962

If you stick to milk and yogurt you should be fine. Good luck. First three days the worst need loads of will power then you are on a roll.

babalon

Hollywood30

Good luck! I'm going for my Pre-Op on Mon, have been advise I will just be on a yoghurt diet for 1 wk so I'm sure you'll be fine. Stick to it & just think what's at the end of it! Good luck! X

hollywood30

thanks everyone doing good so far just hope its enough xx

JO28172

Not long until Thursday so keep thinking of that new you and keep it up! x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

hollywood30

Surgery tomorrow! - I HOPE! Fingers crossed my livers shrunk enough! lost 9 pounds in the past week xx

shelleymarie

Good luck for tomorrow! Let us know how you get on :) x

hollywood30

Thankyou everyone for your kind messages. Had my op today surgeon said everything went well. Pain was unbelievably bad when I first woke up and got given more morphine. Had a few sleeps today and feel much better. Very thirsty all the time tho! Proper dry mouth haha xx

JO28172

Take it easy now and welcome :) xx

flutterby1966

Take it easy, look forward to joining us on the losers side x

Fairysteps

You go gurl :)