• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Megga bad day :(

flowerofshona

Well im having a megga bad day here.
Im doubting about having the surgery, if the bypass is the right choice for me, upset i am not strong enough to do this without the op :cry:
Its taken me ages (for me) to lose 28lb even with swimming 3 hours a week its not coming off me very fast and i have NOT cheated once since 20th Sept on my diet, im eating 1000-1200 cals a day, drinking water, doing more even round the house so im soooooooooooo down with it all i feel like giving up and staying fat :cry: :cry: :cry:
Sorry to whinge its just such a bad day for me.

Im doubting about having the surgery, if the bypass is the right choice for me, upset i am not strong enough to do this without the op :cry:
Its taken me ages (for me) to lose 28lb even with swimming 3 hours a week its not coming off me very fast and i have NOT cheated once since 20th Sept on my diet, im eating 1000-1200 cals a day, drinking water, doing more even round the house so im soooooooooooo down with it all i feel like giving up and staying fat :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh Dawn, Honey ... I felt like this too. It will pass & you will get back to realising that you are already doing everything you need to do to make the bypass a success & that the op will help you. Chin up, sunshine, you need to do this for you so you can live longer & happier xxx mwah :wave_cry:

Sorry if I disappoint you but looks like you can do it and you are doing very well,it isn't only 28 pounds...this is a lot. To be honest I wish I could force myself doing swimming 3 times a week. Please do not give up.....

You will be fine hun, and you will loose the weight easier, i know its a worry but dont worry, be all over and loosing weight xxx

I'm taking a break from Minis but when I read this I had to respond.

Are you for real lady? You've lost 28 pounds on your own and you're not happy with that!! Come on honey give yourself a break that's a fantastic result.

None of us here were strong enough to lose weight without surgical intervention, that's why we have had to have our guts re-routed because without WLS we were all miserable failures. You've stuck to your self imposed diet without cheating, how good is that? too many here can't stick to their diets post op when it really is important never mind pre op like you have

There are many many who have been advised to lose weight before their op who have failed to lose any weight, chuff me girl some even put weight on while waiting to get done so you should be very proud of yourself with what you have achieved so far

I don't expect to read any more of this crap from you about failing or about wanting to stay fat. That's absolute rubbish lady you're doing a great job and I know you will be a fantastic success story post op.

Ok back to my sabbatical

Welcome back Karlos, please dont go x

Well done Dawn on your weight loss TO DATE! I am the world's worst for bad days and doubting my future. I'd guess that this feeling will last for the rest of today, but so what... Tomorrow's a new day, so pick yourself back up then. As for now, don't beat yourself up over your feelings. Take some support, motivation and inspiration from this site and try to get through today without pigging out (too much).
See you back to normal tomorrow. x Mwah x

Dawn,

Feel free to whinge away...thats what we're here for sometimes :):)

You really do have to take credit for what you have acheived though, that is an amazing weight loss and you have been doing so well with the swimming as well:):)

Now you've had your whinge, pick yourself up and go to it girl:)

Keep smiling....looking forward to normal transmission shortly!!!!!

If you can lose 28lb pre-op just think what you will lose post-op.

I lost 2 stone (28lb) pre-op and I have lost another 4st 3lb post-op in 5 months, I only have another 4st 4lb to get to my goal which I am hoping to do by next May, which is a year out of my life. When before I was putting a stone on a year.

If I can do it then you can too, just think how long it will take you to get to your goal, the results are amazing and I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Karen x

I shall give you a mahooosive hug later xx

There are people who haven't lost that amount of weight in that short time AFTER surgery, let alone pre op!! If you were to put on that amount of weight you would really notice it and be gutted, it's a massive amount!!! The size of 4 average new born babies!!!

Thanks all xxx
Went to the meeting tonight and chatted and listened to others, i still feel down but had a few more questions answered.
I will plod on with lossing the weight im aiming to have lost the 38lb i was asked to lose before my op by the 15th Dec when i go see the dietician i think that is what is upsetting me that i might not hit my target, i know i do like to push myself hard.
Swimming tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday.

If you haven't lost enough weight by the week before, cut out ALL carbs for a few days, the weight will drop quickly, you should lose at least 5-6lb, alternatively so something very low cal for a week or 2 like slim fast for 2 meals and a meat and veg dinner.
I am glad you went to the support meeting tonight and you are not giving up. I know you feel down at the moment but giving up will NOT make you feel better. xxx

Sounds like you are right on track to meet your target loss pre op... you should be very proud of yourself with your determination and all the effort you are putting in to it.

Go girl! :)

Well nothing more to add , except take all the advice and run with it girl you can and will do it !
And so good to hear from karlos x

Why do we always beat ourselves up!Im not losing fast,enough,same as her,please dont do it!
Deep breath and take what life has given you to work with.
You.Maz x

Ok its a better day today :) sorry i had a a whinge but i just could not get my spirits up no matter what i did, BUT i did not turn to food which was amazing for me :)
Back to swimming tonight and just painted the hallway which i could not have done 6 weeks ago!!!!!!
Putting my fears about the op at the back of my mind until get the date then i will face it.
Thanks to all who helped me through a very bad day xxxx

Last edited:
so glad you're feeling better dawn :) xxx

So glad you are feeling better today hun xx

Back