• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band to bypass

shahzinaz

Hiya everyone could someone help me I'm having a revision surgery this Friday 27th may 2016 I'm very frightened before in 2011 had a band lost 5 stone had problems with band since was diagnosed with pancreatic tumour in 2014 had band emptied as in Jan 2015 had a pancreatectomy and splenectomy done since then been putting on weight gone back to 17 stone.would like to know more about revision please anyone please help me

shahzinaz

Hiya everyone could someone help me I'm having a revision surgery this Friday 27th may 2016 I'm very frightened before in 2011 had a band lost 5 stone had problems with band since was diagnosed with pancreatic tumour in 2014 had band emptied as in Jan 2015 had a pancreatectomy and splenectomy done since then been putting on weight gone back to 17 stone.would like to know more about revision please anyone please help me

MMS503

Good luck for tomorrow. Are they doing both parts in one surgery? I had my band removed last week and hopefully bypass in couple of months. Please let us know how you get on

shahzinaz

Thank you.Yes had it done finally!!!! Still in pain.had it done in one go take the band out and I decided ton do a sleeve insteadI didn't do a bypass as it's a very intense surgery and you cannot control the weight lose and also malabsortion x

los in it

Hello you,well done on your sleeve,your discomfort will soon disappear and you can focus on recovery, in the meantime rest up and take care

top_kat

Glad you've gone through it OK. I am band to MGB bypass conversion, due to have surgery on 1st July!

MMS503

I think mgb is mini gastric bypass, often the choice for surgeons in Europe. From what iv read there's very little difference between the two.

top_kat

Hi top-kat Wat is MGB Bypass ?

It's not mini in it's type of surgery but it has less complications, a shorter surgery and quicker recovery. There is only one single anastamosis (ie one join) but it is seeing the same results as an RNY so I'm happy with that. It is also reversible should that ever be needed and the bypass they can give me in this method will be longer than RNY which is what I need. You can get it in the UK in a couple of places now but I am travelling to belgium for mine.