• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Tomorrow!!!

Yes i did do that last night and slept abit better ..the night before i ended up on sofa as cudnt get comfy in bed x

Yeh ok, i feel drained/weak today - i am getting alot of fluids in but not many calories..instead of drinking lots of water think i need to get more diet shakes in xx
Oh good hopefully it'll get easier for you then. Bless you, try some high protein yoghurt watered down with milk. It's a godsend especially in this hot weather lol. Xx

Oh good hopefully it'll get easier for you then. Bless you, try some high protein yoghurt watered down with milk. It's a godsend especially in this hot weather lol. Xx

I have just brought some today - thanks for the advise already feel abit of a buzz of energy lol!! Also got some cream of tomote soup for dinner tonyt (watered down) lol i am excited haha!!

Had a call today from my provider and they are happy with my progress so far - have my first fill booked for the 22nd of august ..exciting times.

You have done amazing with ur weight loss @starryeyed - are you still losing or at ur goal now? Hows the journey been for u?

Xx

Ps..thanks for asking how I am, it is lovely that ur still on this site - i hope i am this tym next yr to help others going through same thing xx

I have just brought some today - thanks for the advise already feel abit of a buzz of energy lol!! Also got some cream of tomote soup for dinner tonyt (watered down) lol i am excited haha!!

Had a call today from my provider and they are happy with my progress so far - have my first fill booked for the 22nd of august ..exciting times.

You have done amazing with ur weight loss @starryeyed - are you still losing or at ur goal now? Hows the journey been for u?

Xx

Ps..thanks for asking how I am, it is lovely that ur still on this site - i hope i am this tym next yr to help others going through same thing xx

Brilliant news! The protein ones take a little getting use to as the flavour is a little peculiar I found and they're thick but that's what the milks for. Know what u mean about the soup the ww chicken soup was for me. I just sieved out the peices and it was heaven!

Yes I think we should stay on the forums as long as we can. My jobs a little more demanding now so I try Nd post when I can. Still losing but honestly that's through my diet rather than the sleeve now.

Also you're welcome, just pop me a message or a tag if u have any questions I can help with xx

I slept like the elephant man for the first week, with about 6 pillows and a v pillow :p
I was so afraid of rolling over and pulling my inner stitches

Its really odd, since my band ( almost 3 years October, eeek ) I seem to crave spicy food, even straight after I was eating blended mushy peas ( think easy protein) curry sauce, a blended pint of spicy prawns with a load of pepper and mayo :D

Nowadays its quality over quantity
A few lovely prawns, or a lobster tail
Or 3 crispy fishfingers :p with a sweet potato and a cucumber & tomato salad (no skin, I can't digest it )

The only things I have to avoid are rice, bread, pasta, and most red meats, as they are so hard to digest x

You will be fine, follow the rules, take your time
If you have any questions just holla, there is always someone on here to help x x

Thanks hun ;)

Well, living without rice and pasta wouldnt be a problem for me as I am not that much of a fan - more of a potatoe girl lol!

Aww all that sounds lovely, i do love my curry sauce, chicken, mayo lol!!

How long did it take you to lose ur weight bbe? U have lost loads :p

Have u had any issues along the way?

Xxx

No worries, its good to see some new banders coming through tbh :)

I lost about 6 1/2 stone, tbh I wasn't that big to start off, but I've been a yoyo dieter all my life
I was at target within a year, I stay around the 8 stone mark :)

That sounds low, but I'm 5 ft 3, and small framed

Honestly, follow the rules and you will do as well, sometimes you will read negative stories, but all surgeries have their positive and negative sides

I love my band, it fits in with my life a million percent

We still eat out a few times a week, I work part time as a Sister in a really busy hospital, Ive got so much more energy now x
No one knows about my band (only my husband)
Its my secret weapon
Honestly it will change your life, its absolutely fabulous x x x

I know, I did think that - alot more bypass or sleeves done. It is indeed nice to talk to another bander lol - I am lucky as one of close friends had hers done about 2 months ago so I have been hammering her with questions lol.

I am defo going to stick to it and not push it - I am taking things slow as its guna be a massive learning curve.

It is annoying people saying u dont need wls but at the end of the day its the way u feel about urself and what u need to do, to get to that target weight. I weigh alot but hold it well and very mobile - for me its more about self esteem and wanting to be a normal size -plus I want to look and feel good ;)

I want to get to 12 stone or size 12 which ever is first..i have been very open about it but in a way, wish i kept it more private. Everyone has been amazing but it would be nice for people just to think she done it on her own.

Xxxxx :bunnydance: I am feeling really positive today eekk

Back