• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Tomorrow!!!

Doing good thanks all, one of the holes is acky but been walking round garden, taken tablets and managed half a shake already...feel ok tbh lol! ..belly rumbled earlier but wasnt hungry ..xxxx

Question, how long after the op does the acking start to go?

Only had it done yesterday so not expecting miracles but feel useless as i cant bend much and dont want to over do things

Xxx

Think I drove them nuts yesterday - top tip, if ur worried about the op take people with u who can keep u enterained and make u laugh!! Seriously couldnt have got through yesterday without them!!

:hugs:

Attachments

• 20170719_160637.jpg
    20170719_160637.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 12
Hi nicky

Its really early days yet, take it easy
Don't try to bend, sleep propped up on pillows so you don't hurt your wounds
Sip fluids, take your painkillers, watch a load of box sets ;)

Gentle walking, if you cough or sneeze hold a pillow against your tummy
You shoud feel better in a few days, just rest up as much as you can x x

Really struggling with the above ..if i lay or sit to much i get back ake but i will try and rest more xx thanks hun

Lj how you getting on hun? U feeling back to normal yet? I am so bored and i feel really emotional - dont know why! :( xxx

Lj how you getting on hun? U feeling back to normal yet? I am so bored and i feel really emotional - dont know why! :( xxx

Hey hun, I wouldn't say I'm 100% back to normal maybe 85% now. I feel like everyday is a bit of a struggle at the min, only cause it's a full time job sipping all day & trying to eat things. I just don't want anything! I'm back to work Monday, part of me is glad but another part is dreading it as it's so full on and demanding, I'm worried I'll lose focus on my water intake etc. But normality must resume!
I felt so emotional after surgery babe, I literally cried all day everyday for the first few days and st least once a day for a week after that. I still feel a bit down in the dumps but it does get better. When the scale shifts it brings happiness. I'm at 17st13lbs this morning, I can't remember the last time I weighed that.

How are you getting on fluids/foood wise? Xx

Hey hun, I wouldn't say I'm 100% back to normal maybe 85% now. I feel like everyday is a bit of a struggle at the min, only cause it's a full time job sipping all day & trying to eat things. I just don't want anything! I'm back to work Monday, part of me is glad but another part is dreading it as it's so full on and demanding, I'm worried I'll lose focus on my water intake etc. But normality must resume!
I felt so emotional after surgery babe, I literally cried all day everyday for the first few days and st least once a day for a week after that. I still feel a bit down in the dumps but it does get better. When the scale shifts it brings happiness. I'm at 17st13lbs this morning, I can't remember the last time I weighed that.

How are you getting on fluids/foood wise? Xx

Thats good that u are feeling better but i totally get what you mean - i dont have an appertite at all so not having many calories - id say 320 calories yesterday (2 shakes). My liquid is fine and i can drink quite abit..but i dnt fancy food. Miss it but not hungry for it.

I am sure it will improve for us both and we will feel normal but all this sitting about kills me.

I just feel so useless, not being able to shower myself on my own - cant even put stockings on or do house work/washing... my bf is at work and he does it all when he gets home n i dont like that :(

Fml xxxx

I am having a down day but sure it will improve xxx

Thats good that u are feeling better but i totally get what you mean - i dont have an appertite at all so not having many calories - id say 320 calories yesterday (2 shakes). My liquid is fine and i can drink quite abit..but i dnt fancy food. Miss it but not hungry for it.

I am sure it will improve for us both and we will feel normal but all this sitting about kills me.

I just feel so useless, not being able to shower myself on my own - cant even put stockings on or do house work/washing... my bf is at work and he does it all when he gets home n i dont like that :(

Fml xxxx

I am having a down day but sure it will improve xxx

I know what you mean! It is difficult not being independent. I hated it for the first week! I just wanted a good shower and to put my own stockings on etc and do my hair but I just couldn't. I can pretty much do everything myself now but I dont lift anything or bend over too much. I also haven't attempted blow drying and straightening my hair yet as my hair dryer is so heavy and I don't know if I'd cause any damage! So I'm walking round looking a mess lol.

It will get better for both of us - in 6 months time we probably won't even remember all of this xxx

Lol it is funny aint it - think everyone goes through this and thats y people start thinking have they made a mistake but yes, need to give it time xx

Wont be long till we r slim eekk

Xxx

Not sure if i will be up for going back to work on tuesday..we will see xx

So cute. How are you feeling xx

I know bless them.

Yeh OK bbe, struggle at night to get comfy in bed but I ďefo feel like its healing and pain is reducing.

I just want to be able to sleep on my belly again - asap lol xx have lost 1st 6lbs so pleased with that :) xxx

@Nickynooo oh I know what you mean try propping yourself with pillows so u can lay on your side? That's how I managed to sleep cause I'm the same as you with sleeping on my front lol. Wow that's really good Well done! How are u finding fluids etc atm? Xx

Yes i did do that last night and slept abit better ..the night before i ended up on sofa as cudnt get comfy in bed x

Yeh ok, i feel drained/weak today - i am getting alot of fluids in but not many calories..instead of drinking lots of water think i need to get more diet shakes in xx

Back