• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band = torture

hollywood30

Had my gb yesterday and I feel dreadful. Never felt pain like it. Can't get rid of trapped wind tried everything. Peppermint tea, walking,windeeze,paracetamol nothing helps long term. How long till it's gone? In agony crying right now. Also feel like I'm going to vomit :'( please help somebody x

have the team given you any stronger painkillers such as codeine or oromorph?

It will get better I promise! I had mine last week. Each day is better. Walking really does help, I find if you go somewhere you'd be embarrassed to belch or fart it'll all come out!!! Take care xxx

Thanks I'll get some codeine tomorrow If no better. Anybody know why I'm feeling like I need to vomit?? I'm not embarassed to burp as im at home but problem is it just won't come out!! :'( xx

Probably the anaesthetic. I felt nauseous all of day 2 and I was a bypasser.

Believe it or not, liquid paracetamol is just as effective as stronger pain relief. Being liquid it gets into your system quicker. The trick is to take it at regular intervals, even if your not in pain. Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks everyone but I've had all I'm allowed today (paracetamol) so won't be allowed any more. Might get my bf to massage around my shoulder blades, might push the wind out abit? Idk I'll try anything :'( x

Hi I went through a real lot off pain with trapped wind I found moving around helped a bit but it does pass
Good luck
Mark

How long till the wind has all gone? I can't cope :'(

Omg no way. Totally regretting this now :'( I so hope it's worth it in the end

It will be I had my band in for over 2 years and lost over 11 stone it was really sad when I had to have my best friend remained
It will get easier and once your used to it things will be good
Having a fill is ok does not hurt and once you hit the sweet spot it's great
Good luck and I hope the pain goes soon
Mark

Move around sitting down does it no good at all x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Moving around definately shifts that horrible gas. I also got liquid neurofen which you can take with the paracetamol definately eased it a bit. Day two and three not so good but after that things get much better and when you start feeling the weight loss it feels good. I have lost 32 pounds since start and at last fitting into next size down. So hang in there. When you lie down prop yourself up as much as possible I used recliner and was really sitting upright, did help. Hope you get some sleep. Xxxxxx

I'm 6 days post op gb and hiatus hernia repair and I'm in Agony also. Called the clinic today and they said it could take weeks. I am in so much pain it's hard to even breathe. Ended up getting oramorph. Obviously opiate based medication is stronger than paracetamol but they work very well together, research shows 2 forms of pain relief work better than one independently. It's helped me but I'm still suffering. Hang in there my lovely xx

Kell, glad you managed to get some stronger pain relief. Oramorph is fab! Does the trick but can make you sick so hope not for you lovey. Fingers crossed that tmrw you will start to feel a bit better & can see the whole worth of the Op. benefits will soon be here. Just take it steady & don't run before you can walk remember hernia! Enjoy the sunshine x

Back