• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band????? why hunger pains in the middle of the night?4th day as a bander

chezza1

Well whats that all about i woke up this morning about 4.30 with really bad hunger pains i really had to get up and go downstairs for a slimfast because the water wasn't taking it away. Has anyone else had this?? :eek: i was really really starving with grips.
other than that im still a bit sore but im really doing ok. Should be up and running in no time now.

Chezza on the loosing side.

hi, yes i get hungry all hours of the day, i am now at least four weeks post banding and i am hungry all the time and can eat just whatever i like in all the same proportions as before, i have lost no more weight and am feeling quite down about this, i am hoping a fill will sort me out but this is not untill the 20th october.

sorry its not the news you wanted but im sure yours will settle down to more normal hours of eating.

good luck moe

Hiya Moe, wow how much weight have you lost altogether??? i have lost 1 stone 1lb in 5 days i know that will all not be fat though. they say some dont need too much rstriction and it takes some till there 1st 2nd and 3rd fill to really start the weight dropping off. Hang in there it will come off.

dont worry its normal im 2 wks post op and eating normal again my usual day is boiled egg and slice of bread for breakie, salad sandwich for lunch and chicken casserole in evening although small portions by 9 im starving so i have a bowl of strawberrys and banana i found its got better now im on normal consistency but in my info sheet from hosp it says dont expect to always loose till your restriction is right your swelling from theop goes and so there is none its gona be a hard month till my first fill sounds like there a few of us at same sort of point

I am so glad I found this thread. Had my band 29th aug. I could now eat a horse on a muffin. The only thing that controls me is the pain if I eat quickly. My fill is due in October. I feel so panicky that I havent got restriction.

i think were all in same boat cheerio i dont get any pain from eating fast or not wish i did it might help lol i dont have my fill till 30th oct and im under no illusion the first one is gona do anything but its all working in the right direction i kepp thinking by xmas it will be about right i hope

I suppose we didnt gain our weight over night so its going to need patience and time to get it off. I feel as though people around me (who know about the band) are thinking to themselves "its not doing much she looks no different". I am sick of explaining that it will start working after my fills. i am sure they just think Im greedy and should be strictly dieting. My Dad keeps saying "are you allowed that?" even to a cup of tea.

Stick with it ladies - I have been there and the band does work honest!!! Once you are over your op, you will be hungry as you have no restriction and the band is just sitting there, ready to be activated at your first fills. You do need willpower over this time, but stick with it and the results are well worth it in the end. Good luck all xxx

Back