• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band

jackie25

my BMI is 51 and i have been dieting for 2 years, in the end i just couldn't do it on my own so i joined a weight loss group and increased my exercise and joined the gym, in 9 months i only managed to loose a stone, so as u do i lost interest and my willpower had gone, so i went to the doctors and ive tried all different diet pills and still no joy, the weight was coming off very slow and the doctor agreed so she refured me for a gastric band, i met all the criteria for this, Then bad news i had not been excepted reasons are still unknown and i still dont no why they refused me, but i have become very depressed and have been put on antidepressants, my weight is effecting my home life my marriage, and the way i am as a person i really want this gastric band more then any thing, does any one no how else i could get the surgery, i can no way afford private treatment, HELP ME PLEASE:(

Aww Jackie, i didnt want to read and run but i'm sorry to hear, that you have been through so much trouble, no doubt someone on here will be able to give you some more information than i can.. Good Luck! xxx

Hi Jackie, welcome to Mini's :) Don't give up! Do you know what PCT you are under?

Shel x

Hi jackie

Where do you live? it could be that your PCT has very strict rules over who they fund.

Link to the list of PCT criteria for funding

BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association

Although there are recommended criteria in place (NICE guidlines) unfortunatley not all PCTs follow this.

Have a read of the website bit not knowing if you have any co morbidities etc cant advise any more.

Maz x

I would contact Bospa ( someone will be along to give you a link) to find out what the criteria is for your PCT as it is a real postcode lottery. You need to get a good appeal together, including any co-morbidities like Diabetes, sleep apnea and things like that. I'm not much use to you I'm afraid as I had to go private due to the area I live in doing so few ops. Good luck to you and stick with it. There are some people here who have really struggled and fought tooth and nail to get funding and have been successful in the end x

Back