• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band

sue27

Can anyone tell me about Gastric Bands, my GP is referring me for this, i do not meet the criterea so i am thinking of going preivate instead ?:confused:

I can't tell you about the NHS route unfortunately, but I had mine privately. Ask what you like, did you want to know if the band will suit you ? How much weight do you feel you need to lose? How is your will power? and your eating habits at the moment?
Lots of different things to cover regarding whichever WLS you want to go for.
Feel free to ask anything specific and I'm sure we'll all chip in and help you with queries x

good luck with your journey any questions just ask, but 1 bit of advice dont go with thg x

Hello and welcome.

Sorry but i have to ask this... If your gp is going to refer you for this then why do you think you are not going to fit the criteria? Surely he wouldn't send you for it if he thought they'd say no?

Plus, it really helps us if you can fill in all your details, area you're from, rough estimate on your weight etc... It's not us been nosey, one of us may be from your pct and know about the bmi etc

Do you have any comorbidities? Diabetes/sleep apnoea/hypertension etc? xx

Back