• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and can't wait!

cormier58

Hi everyone, I went last week to see my GP and he is referring me to get WLS as my BMI is 48 at 25 st, as have been trying for 3 years to lose weight but I had ACL reconstruction on my left knee making it hard to really do long work outs involving my knee.

Does anyone know how long it will be before I get the surgery?

I also don't know which procedure I want done, I was thinking the gastric band but I figured I would decide when I get my appointment.

My biggest worry is that I won't get the surgery or I end up waiting forever and it never comes.

Any help and advice would be great.

Thank you,
-Derek

Last edited:
hello and welcome
on this site you will see lots of uk members but also some from the states, suadi,spain just to mention a few.
good luck in all you wish for

Hi & welcome :)

Surgery waiting lists depend on where you are & what procedures your area has in place, seems some areas make you jump through hoops some a matter of a few months & your done..... eitherway best of luck with your journey

Hey Derek, Do not worry, there are so many solutions for you but the what important is, Which one's the best. So I think if you really do not want go for surgery then you probably think about Roca Labs®. It's a pharmaceutical company which offers gastric bypass alternative.

I don't think advertising is allowed and the mods will soon pull your thread -- but just to add balance before people start to fool for your scam:

32 ROCA LABS Complaints and reviews @ Pissed Consumer

Have a nice day Ms Selling Scammer :D :D

Hi and welcome! Ignore the scammer above with their nonsense product.

The surgery you will get will depend on many things; your eating patterns, BMI etc etc

Do you have other issues such as diabetes and/or sleep apnea?

You might find that the sleeve or bypass is a better option for you than the band.

I wish you all the very best!

Thanks Banderbird.
I dont have diabetes or sleep apnea.

Only health problems i have is my bad knee that i had acl reconstruction on 3 years ago that makes working out really painful. As well as IBS and prone to really bad heartburn that lasts ages without medication.

I was starting to lean more towards bypass or sleeve.

Hi everyone, I went last week to see my GP and he is referring me to get WLS as my BMI is 48 at 25 st, as have been trying for 3 years to lose weight but I had ACL reconstruction on my left knee making it hard to really do long work outs involving my knee.

Does anyone know how long it will be before I get the surgery?

I also don't know which procedure I want done, I was thinking the gastric band but I figured I would decide when I get my appointment.

My biggest worry is that I won't get the surgery or I end up waiting forever and it never comes.

Any help and advice would be great.

Thank you,
-Derek
It took me about twenty months from first referral to my op last Thursday. It may seem a long time - but it does ensure that you are completely prepared for it and which type of surgery is the right one for you. You can also change your mind at any point too.
Chrisy

Hi Cormier58
I'm having my surgery done by Prof Duff Bruce at the ARI in Aberdeen. It's my nearest hospital and Duff is apparently first class. How about you??

That would be the nearest hospital to me as I live a few towns south from Aberdeen. I haven't heard anything yet since my doctor at least hopefully referred me to see someone.

Hi Cormier58
I'm having my surgery done by Prof Duff Bruce at the ARI in Aberdeen. It's my nearest hospital and Duff is apparently first class. How about you??

How long did you have to wait for your first appointment? Are you getting yours done by NHS or private? I know I need to be a bit patient about this, but I'm not really great at waiting to hear things especially long time waiting.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey!

Back