• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band

I was not fortunate to get NHS help so can't advise but wanted to wish you all the best with your WLS and weight loss

Hi Welcome to this site.

Im pretty new and hopefully having GAstric bypass but im sure some folk on here will be able to give you advice. I just wnated to welcome you.

x

I didn't have my band done with SRH but am now under their care...if I could rewind the last year I wouldn't have chosen a band and would have gone bypass. That's just my opinion due to problems I've had...the band does work successfully for many folks.

Sorry I can't advise on timescales :sigh:

if this is ya 1st appointment then the 1st appointment is seminar, 14-18 months after that to surgery, appointments and targets to be met between, if you are a SRH patient u be welcome to join our support group, let me know if your interested as i sort of lead that side of things x x

hiya i had a lap band put in on the 25th march ive only lost 1st 2lb and i lost the stone 2 weeks after the op so in effect i have only lost 2lb since having it done i exercise 4 times a week for an hour a time also i eat 800cals a day i need help its just not coming off could anyone tell me there daily intake of food as i am a bit lost thanks

I have been delighted with my band. I had it fitted 12th September 2009. I was on the dairy diet 3 weeks before my surgery and managed to lose 2 stone with that but 9 months today since my surgery I am 6stones 10 pounds lighter!! I know you lose your weight alot faster with a bypass and alot of people can really benefit from this due to their serious health issues (my sister is having a bypass on 18th June. she has high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes so her surgeon has recommended bypass as he said there is an 80% chance all these problems will clear up). I luckily didnt have any of these health issues but most certainly would have got them if I hadnt addressed my weight problem.
The way I look at it is...This is now a way of life and not a diet...If you work with your band it will work for you. If it takes me 3 years to get to my goal weight thats okay....I just know I will get there.
To the lady who isnt losing much weight.....You have only had 2 fills up to now. I use to read on here about getting the "sweet spot" and didnt have a clue what people meant. I have just had my 5th fill and have 8.5 mls in a 14mls band and it is amazing!! 1 week after having it I lost 5 pounds. Dont get disheartened....You will get there!

thanks for answering me am i right in thinkin that the sweet spot is the one fill that does the trick ??? what do u eat on a daily basis ? would be grateful if u cud give me some tips thanks x

hi maz brad good luck with what ever journey you take x

Back