• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

another newbie!!

tulip24

Hi all,

Just found this site. Am hoping to have a gastric band done in October. Got my pre-operating appointment on the 28th of this month and I can't wait. Been wanting a band for years.
Been overweight for years and have tried all sorts.
Have now got type 2 diabetes, pcos, underactive thyroid & having trouble conceiving, so cross fingers this works.

Looking forward to hearing and reading about the success stories. One fear I have is this won't work for some reason

Welcome tulip :)

I am a bander, had mine fitted in August 2012 and you will see a mixture of stories here, both good and bad about band experiences and about providers too - I was like you and had looked at having a band for over 7 years before I finally took the plunge.

I've lost 10 stone with my band and while I still have a way to go, and still have yet to find restriction even after 13 months, I love my band. It isn't always easy, and it most certainly is a wls method which involves long term life changes, but its a wonderful tool only if you're prepared to follow the guidelines and work with it :)

Thanks.

Been wanting a band for years now. Been reading up about the diet etc & know there may be foods that I might not be able to tolerate. Am going with the hospital group. So far the advisor has been pretty upfront & honest with me. Also, a few people I work with have has weight loss surgery. But it will be a small sacrifice if it means my health improves & I can have children & live long enough to see them grow up.

Oh most definitely. There are a lot of people who have gone with THG here, (I went with healthier Weight) and you will find a varied mixture of experiences, from those who've had positive THG experiences, to those at the very opposite end of the scale and have had dreadful experiences.

The important thing is that you are happy with your choice. I didn't choose them as I didn't like their approach, but it is important that we feel comfortable with our decision as you seem to be :)

There's a lot of info here, and as long as you follow your own providers guidelines that you've been given, you'll be soon well on the way :)

Hi Tulip welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum... All the best with your weight loss journey...x

Hello and welcome:)
I was banded with THG last month, had my first fill today and so far my experience of them has been entirely positive.

Back