• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall newbie gastric band!

Emsie

Hi all im new to this forum,found it and lived reading everyones experiences.
Is there anybody who has has gastric band procedure done at walsall manor hosp recently?..... Iv just been referred and looking for some help and advice :)

I was banded at spire Southampton just over 10 weeks ago and am just doing brilliantly ! Lost just over 3.5 stone now or 52lb :)

I was banded at spire Southampton just over 10 weeks ago and am just doing brilliantly ! Lost just over 3.5 stone now or 52lb :)
Wow @countrywench thats fantastic!... Well done :) .... How long was the whole thing from first appointment to operation?...... Iv read alot of negativity about the band slipping and people having it reversed etc. X

I've not been banded at all but just wanted to say hi :)

Hi Emsie. I'm around the same place as you from a referral point of view I think. Having a bypass a walsall too

Hi Emsie, It’s been quite a long process so far. From May 15 had to prove 6 months’ worth of official slimming club e.g weightwatchers, then in November referred for Tier 3 which completed in April.
I was referred for surgery by my GP mid-April, and had my first MDT meeting at Walsall on 22nd June. I’m under Dr Khan. They did say it will be around 6 months in total which will be around December I hope.
What stage are you at so far?
Jo x

Hi Emsie, It’s been quite a long process so far. From May 15 had to prove 6 months’ worth of official slimming club e.g weightwatchers, then in November referred for Tier 3 which completed in April.
I was referred for surgery by my GP mid-April, and had my first MDT meeting at Walsall on 22nd June. I’m under Dr Khan. They did say it will be around 6 months in total which will be around December I hope.
Jo x

Hi jo,
Mines similar to yours i had to do the slimming world club etc. But my gp referred me as 3 months ago i got diagnosed with sleep apnea and because my weight has stalled for the last 6 months thats why she referred me.
Shes referred me for gastric band apparently its a new clinic based at manor only been going last 12 months, its specifically for the younger generation with medical problems i.e sleep apneo, diabetes etc.
And because my bmi is above 40.
I rang last week to ask if any appointment had been made, the receptionist just said they had received my referral and Im under dr mirza, and could take up to 6 months.
How long did it take for you to receive you appointment after your gp referral mid april?
Emsie x

Jo x

Hi jo

Iv just had my first appointment come through this morning its for thursday! X

Wow thats great news, let me know how you go on. I think from GP app to receiving lett it was about 3-4 weeks. I have been referred for sleep study. I go on 21st July x

Thats right mines been 4 weeks!.... Hope your sleep study goes ok is your through good hope thats where i am. X

Hi Emsie, No mine will be at North Staffs. Good luck for Thursday x

Back