• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I want my Gastric Band removed ASAP, need help with where to go!

vanilla-cupcake

Hi, has anyone had their gastric band removed? I absolutely hate mine, got it in 7 years ago with THG, had it emptied 6 years ago when I was pregnant and didn't bother going back to get it filled after I had my baby. This past year or so has been really bad, I can't eat a thing now unless I stand up and even then I get blockages, I've a whole list of foods I can no longer eat, I have to vomit a few times a day to remove the blockages and I'm just at my wits end with it now, I can't go out for meals with friends, I won't have anyone round for dinner any more because it's just embarrassing trying to explain why I can't eat! I've contacted a few places here in Ireland, North & South but they're looking around £5k to remove it, don't particularly want to pay that since it cost me £6950 to get it in! Anyone know of anywhere or anyone that's had it removed?

Thanks
VC

It sounds like it might have slipped if its empty and yet stopping you eat. If you are in Ireland i dont know about your nhs but you need to go to your gp. I know the nhs do remove them, especially if you cannot eat and are throwing up. You need a check at hospital to see whats gone wrong with it. Good luck

Yeah if you can't eat that's pretty serious :( I hope you can access the right treatment as soon as possible x

Get referred to a barium xray first with your gp. (Took about 3 weeks in Buckinghamshire.) Then you get referred to see a surgeon (took another 4 weeks). Then complain and complain and complain. Then they should take it out

Back