• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Daily Menus

today i have had
b = ww fromage frais
d = 1 ryvita, very light cheese triangle, 1 mini babybel, handful grapes
t = corned beef mash, rosted butternut sqaush, roast pot, cauliflour and carrots
s = veg soup, low fat cheese triangle

Oh the pouch test sounds good. Keep posting Nic so I can nosey at what your having...sounds intriguing!
B - Hash Brown and coffee
D - half a spud with Tuna
T - One of Nics tortilla pizza's
Snacks - Packet of crisps

Okay so last night I added another mug of soup (Thai Chicken no bits) and half a protein shake.

Today:

2 milky coffees
1 banana & strawberry protein smoothie
1 cup of mushroom soup
1 cup of beef broth
1 milky tea
1 packet of crisps, oops that was Sally yesterday not me :eek:, I am on the pouch test & 'don't need no stinkin' crisps'
(just so nobody is confused I did not have crisps, I was kidding or dreaming whichever!)

I am sipping on a choc protein shake right now and I feel done for eating today, not even a bit hungry! May stick the shake back in the fridge for tomorrow. Tomorrow is soft protein foods, yippie!

Hmm very interesting...I saw a link to the 5 day pouch thingy-me-bob...can you re-list it please Nic?

Today -
B - Nowt
D - Half a spud with Tuna
T - Chicken Curry made by the mother in law
S - A go ahead bar
What I actually wanted was....B - crisps D - crisps T - crisps and snacks - crisps!

Today I have tried to be better with what I have been eating
B - caffee-latte protein shake with added vanilla protein shake and coffee
D - Beef soup
T - chicken breast and salad
Snacks - about 6 kilos of fruit! haha

Pouch Test Day 3

Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

B - 1 milky coffee then 1/2 hour later 1 egg omelette
L - Tuna with tiny bit of mayo
D - Cottage cheese w/ a diced up bolied egg
Snack - 1 milky coffee, 1/2 a protein shake from yesterday & 5 grapes (grapes not allowed but I wanted them)

On to firm protein tomorrow!

Thanks for all the messages guys!!!!

I have been better but still ate 2 small slices of wholemeal bread today.

B - bitesize shredded wheat & banana
L - lean steak, mixed salad & homemade coleslaw
D - Cheese on toast & yoghurt

Snacks - 42g protein shot, 2 tangerines, yoghurt, cheese, nuts,

I have really stepped up my exercise so should soon see the pounds dropping (I hope) lol
I'm really stiff today and my bum and top of my thighs are killing me but it will be worth it in the end when I wear a size 14 wedding dress seeing I was a size 34 when I started this journey. Wearing a 28s at the moment so a long way to go yet!!

B - caffee-latte protein shake with added vanilla protein shake and coffee
D - Chicken Liver salad
T - Home made chilli
S - 2 jacobs sweet chilli crackers & a banana

I have been really organised today!!

2 eggs - 16g
pint milk - 19g
cheese - 6.3g

quinoa - 15g
peperoni - 14g
fresh orange - 1.2g

homemade chicken curry - 28g
yoghurt - 4.3g

snacks
yoghurt - 4.3g
nuts - 15g
cheese - 13g

total protein = 136.1g :D:D:D

Day 4 Pouch Test

Went off the rails a bit today, was due for a solid protein day but was out for an unexpected amount of time and didn't get much food in during day so had a big evening meal, did limit my food to mostly solid protein but had an elevated fats day:

B - milky coffee followed by cubed cheese & a pepperami
L - protein coffe shake :( & a latte
D - assorted tapas; 1 small meat ball, 2 small chunks of chicken in sauce, a prawn, bit salad with avacado & pine nuts, serano ham slice & a slice of spanish cheese, 2 aubergine chunks topped with cheese

**Didn't drink enough fluids, was really warm all day so I should have upped my fluids but didn't.

Snacks today = none

Hi girls, just thought i would try and put my daily intake on here to see if I can focus on my protein or not!

B 1 weetabix with milk
L nothing
T half a cottage pie *asda frozen* with a tbs of kidney beans and peas

Snacks 1 packet of hula hoops. Prunes *6* and a bit of low fat custard

Well there we go, ive also had two litres of low cal squash.
Nic, can you let me know about my protein please if you wouldnt mind?? Im not sure im having enough and enough calories???
Many thanks

Snow Angel I took you day of food and put it in a food calculator, the amounts are approximations as I was guessing on the serving sizes you used.

B 1 weetabix with milk
(125 cals, 6.1g protein, 2.8g fat, 19.5g carbs)
L nothing
(nothing)
(414cals, 7.9g protein, 3.9g fat, 14.4g carbs)
1 packet of hula hoops
(129cals, .8g protein, 7.1g fat, 15.4g carbs)
Prunes *6*
(64 cals, .7g protein, .1g fat, 16.8g carbs)
bit of low fat custard
(74 cals, 2.3g protein, .4g fat, 8.1g carbs)

That gives you a total of:
Calories - 806
Protein - 17.9g
Fat - 15.4
Carbs - 72.2

That makes your diet 58% carbs, 28% fat & 14% protein.

"Nic, can you let me know about my protein please if you wouldnt mind?? Im not sure im having enough and enough calories???"

Yes you are getting enough calories but NO WAY are you getting enough protein. Your diet is also a bit high in carbs and fat. So basically you are eating too little as meals, your morning meal is a bit light and you skipped lunch. Then you added a high fat/carb snack (hula hoops) that had little or no actual food value. You also added more snacks with the prunes & custard but didn't add much protein. You need to aim for 250cals per meal with an optional snack of 100 cals. You need more balance which should consist of first solid protein (meat, fish, chicken, cheese), then veg (salad, steamed veggies), then fruit (apples, oranges, berries) and then complex carbs (whole meal bread, whole grain cereal, some fruit & veg). Your protein intake should be at least 65g per day and really you should aim for 80g. So in short (sorry this already long) eat 3 protein based meals per day, don't snack on junk food and make sure to get in enough fruit and veg.

Hope that helps you, if you need more help you can PM if you like. I know it is hard learning to eat healthy, I really wish I had learned this all back when I was a child.

Nic:D

Snow Angel I took you day of food and put it in a food calculator, the amounts are approximations as I was guessing on the serving sizes you used.

B 1 weetabix with milk
(125 cals, 6.1g protein, 2.8g fat, 19.5g carbs)
L nothing
(nothing)
(414cals, 7.9g protein, 3.9g fat, 14.4g carbs)
1 packet of hula hoops
(129cals, .8g protein, 7.1g fat, 15.4g carbs)
Prunes *6*
(64 cals, .7g protein, .1g fat, 16.8g carbs)
bit of low fat custard
(74 cals, 2.3g protein, .4g fat, 8.1g carbs)

That gives you a total of:
Calories - 806
Protein - 17.9g
Fat - 15.4
Carbs - 72.2

That makes your diet 58% carbs, 28% fat & 14% protein.

"Nic, can you let me know about my protein please if you wouldnt mind?? Im not sure im having enough and enough calories???"

Yes you are getting enough calories but NO WAY are you getting enough protein. Your diet is also a bit high in carbs and fat. So basically you are eating too little as meals, your morning meal is a bit light and you skipped lunch. Then you added a high fat/carb snack (hula hoops) that had little or no actual food value. You also added more snacks with the prunes & custard but didn't add much protein. You need to aim for 250cals per meal with an optional snack of 100 cals. You need more balance which should consist of first solid protein (meat, fish, chicken, cheese), then veg (salad, steamed veggies), then fruit (apples, oranges, berries) and then complex carbs (whole meal bread, whole grain cereal, some fruit & veg). Your protein intake should be at least 65g per day and really you should aim for 80g. So in short (sorry this already long) eat 3 protein based meals per day, don't snack on junk food and make sure to get in enough fruit and veg.

Hope that helps you, if you need more help you can PM if you like. I know it is hard learning to eat healthy, I really wish I had learned this all back when I was a child.

Nic:D

Thanks so much for doing this for me Nic, i can see where im going wrong now! Its so hard to get the protein in. I have tried shots but they just make me sick. I even had resorted back to fortimel, one a day to try and get the protien in! I have tried eggs but they make me sick too. Thanks again for taking the time out to work this out I appreciate it very much. I will keep posting on here and see how things go, it sure keeps you in focus!
xxx

Yesterday i had
B two rashers of back bacon grilled and a grilled tomato and an egg. *was sick after so nothing stayed down*
L didnt feel like anything as i had been sick.
T fortimel then later had half a birds eye low fat chilli and wedges.

I will try better today!

Last few days Ive not posted...and I dont intend to today as I fell like Ive eaten rubbish all day. All meat no veggies!
Back to it tomorrow! :)

Today ive had

B = 8 mini shreadies
L = two crackerbread with soft garlic cheese
T= 2 slices of pork, kidney beans. cabbage spoon of each and one sml potato and bit of gravy.

Snacks.........two tbs of custard
1 slice of ham
42gr protein shot

well this is better for protein, see if i can keep it up, my hair is dropping out for fun :eek:(

Okay so I have been on the go the last few days here is my food diary:

Friday
B - Fruit & Fibre cereal & 1/2 banana
L - Yogurt, serano ham slice, manchero cheese wedge
D - Pizza hut salad bar bowl (yum) and almost all of a large roasted potabello mushroom with cheese
Snacks: Protein shake, clementine

Saturday
B - oops, skipped it, bad girl! Did have a milky coffee though:eek:
L - Half a jacket potatge w/cottage cheese (left good portion of potato but ate all cottage cheese)
D - Tortilla pizza
Snacks - Pina Colada protein ice cream, serano ham slice and machero cheese wedge

Sunday
B - Milky coffee, Yogurt, small apple
L - Nado's mediterranean salad with chicken, bit of hummus, tiny bit of warm pita, olives & garlic
D - Small bit of tuna mayo, cubed cheese
Snacks - giant latte at Starbucks, Protein shake, banana

Back to it today!
Breakfast - Protein shake with extra vannilla and caffe latte
Dinner - Half a tortilla wrap with meat and veg
Tea - Home made chicken curry
Snacks - none so far but I am peckish...might have some cheese x

B= Grapefruit and prunes
L= Salami and cottage cheese on two crackerbreads
T= 4oz lamb steak

Snacks 1 fortimel
I yoghurt