• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass Daily Menus

CHUCKY

wed
bfast
activia cranberry yog

snack turkey slices x2
fig activia

Lunch homemade lentil and bacon soup

Snack banana

dinner beef and pot curry

snack 6 mini toblerones

salski

Yesterday
Shredded wheat and milk
pitta and humus
chilli and rice
huge bowl of home made fruit salad - pineapple, apple, mango, orange and plum
pack of crisps
lots of sugar free sweets!

salski

today
Bacon on toast
braised steak on a brown muffin
chilli and rice (left over)

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
slice of brown toast
Home made low fat chilli con carni
1/2 can of tomato soup (dumped badly from that)

X2 teas
Babybel light.
Lots of water and dilute juice.

Jinjanut

Vanilla Protein shake
Chicken broth
Papaya juice
Clear chicken noodle soup
Lots of water!

I can't wait to have some food I can chew!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Think I'll post mine (I do occasionally so people can see the effects of chronic malabsorption). Please remember I have to eat this way just to maintain, and am actually trying to eat more as have been losing again. It's in order eaten rather than meals.

mini pork pie with ketchup
2 x belvita milk & oat breakfast biscuits
1 x tunnocks marshmallow pie
Big handful of skittles through morning
Sausage, peas, chips & gravy
7-8 squares dairy milk with crunchie through afternoon
Coffee ensure plus
Nachos with chilli & cheese
Southern fried chicken with bacon & fried banana & chips
Choc fudge fondue with slices of banana and vanilla ice cream (v small portion)

Portions for everything very small obviously. Been out for dinner with friends and had 3 courses but ate very little and feel very full! Wouldn't normally have chips twice in one day, and would normally have more snacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
yesterday....

slice of brown toast with low fat cheese spread.

1 low fat sausage, 1 Rasher of bacon 1/2 a poached egg and a tiny scoop of baked beans.

tuna/sweetcorn with salad.

X3 teas lots of water and nas dilute juice

babybel light.

am i being too much of a piglet ?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
1 slice of brown toast with dairy lee light

1 small chicken breast mash and brockli gravy

Tuna salad sandwich

x2 teas
1 baby bel light
chicken cuppa soup
nas dilute juice lots :)

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
1 slice of brown toast with low fat spread

home made spag bol with turkey mince as beef makes me ill. pasta shells

turkey salad sarnie on brown bread.

babaybel light

x2 teas
lots of nas juice and water

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Liz your day sounds quite carb heavy having carbs at every meal. Don't forget brown bread is just as bad as White for simple carbs, wholemeal is the best option. Are you using wholemeal pasta as well? Try and stick to only 2 carb meals a day instead of all 3, swap out the sandwich for a salad or the breakfast toast for an omelette.

zarafa

Shel - I know you have a problem with malabsorption, but do you not dump when eating chocolate/high fat content food?

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

What do you reckon to my day today?

Small glass of OJ with pills

Brekkie-quarter tin of reduced salt/sugar beans on one slice of wholemeal toast

Mid morning-small piece of cheese, 6 strawberries

Lunch-chicken salad, half a bag of snackajacks

Mid afternoon-handful of raisins

Dinner-fish in sauce, small amount of mash, carrots

Drinks-lots of sugar free squash, 1 cappacino, 1 skinny latte, 1 coffee

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Not with high fat no. I do dump on sugar and refined carbs still but know my limits and tend to graze over a long period. I have reactive hypoglycaemia too which means I have to eat high sugar to bring my blood sugar back to normal, but I tend to use dextrose tablets for that as it is absorbed quicker.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Sounds good scooby :) only improvements I can suggest are swap out your raisins for a protein based snack and beware of the snack-a-cracks! They make you crave more and can lead to bad habits. The occasional treat is perfectly fine you just need to keep yourself in check.

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Thanks Shell.
I am having trouble recently with salty crispy snacks. You are so right, have a little and want more.
Are you an advocate of small snacks between meals to keep the metabolism burning?

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Yep, 3 meals and 3 protein based snacks a day is how I did it and has always worked well for me.

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Thanks Shel xx

PurpleKylie22

Cant believe I just read through this entire thread... I have actually done it over the past 48 hours. Its soo great to see all the foods that you can eat (even if it is in moderation) I never thought risotto would be possible! Awesome thread, it really really is <3

Jinjanut

I'm 14 months isn't op and find I can eat everything within reason. But that does change sometimes. Yesterday I had a very small amount of bread and butter pudding and it made me dump. I am post TT op though at the moment. Good luck with your journey

Hiya foodie peeps. Cleggy asked for some help with daily menus after you are on regular foods. So I have had a nose around the internet and food a few things. I will add more as I come up with more, but please feel free to add your menus/comments/suggestions etc.

[FONT=&quot]It is a guideline for people who are further down the wls road. This is a ‘controlled menu’ for continued weight loss after 6 months so early pre-ops, do not do this! Remember, it is only a suggestion and can be modified to suit you. I personally think the calories are a bit high (1200) but that can be easily modified.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Daily Menu
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Breakfast...250 calories and 15-20 grams protein...choose one and do it every day this coming week![/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Protein drink, protein shake, ready to drink protein[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Egg and a small sausage link[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Ricotta, cottage cheese, yogurt and fruit with a spoonful of protein powder swirled in there (maybe a few sliced almonds)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Two cheese sticks or two low-fat babybel rounds[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Mid morning protein supplement... a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Protein Drink[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Cheese stick or round[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Light low-sugar yogurt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/2 a low-sugar protein bar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Coffee with vanilla protein drink as creamer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Lunch...300-350 calories and 15-20 grams of protein consisting of food you prepare for and take to the office. Don't leave what you eat at your desk to chance. PLAN YOUR LUNCH. You'll burn more calories digesting your midday meal because protein is more difficult to break down than carbohydrates or fat and it will stay with you longer into your day. [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Roast deli turkey rolled up. Use a little salsa or ranch for dipping sauce, or roll up with hummus or whole grain mustard, or wasabi mustard. (MAYO is 100 calories per TEASPOON as are all fats, so measure and use as little as possible or substitute mustard or salsa-based moistening agents)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/2 cup tuna salad or ricotta or cottage cheese on top of a slice of tomato[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Shredded salmon or deli meat blended with shredded lettuce, baby tomatoes, and lower fat dressing[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]NO crackers, no rolls, no chips, no tortillas, no low carb wraps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Mid-afternoon protein supplement...a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Protein Drink[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Cheese stick or round[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Light low-sugar yogurt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/2 protein bar[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Coffee with vanilla protein drink as creamer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Supper...a target of 300-400 calories and 20 grams of protein consisting of lean protein and a small salad or lower carb vegetable.

Make this a standard meal comprised of grilled, pan sautéed or baked protein such as fish, chicken, or egg... with different bottled sauces or jar salsas to moisten and a small salad. [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Pan sautéed shrimp, with a little bottled salsa to moisten[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Grilled or pan sautéed turkey burger[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Baked salmon[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Broiled tilapia filet[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Two egg omelette - sauté a few mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, onion, and add cheese[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]All protein served with a tossed chopped salad of romaine lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, cucumber cubes, and tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic... toss in a big bowl to coat entire salad. If you make a bigger salad, use 3 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar... be sure to season with salt and pepper!) You can use different salad ingredients for variety... sliced olives, cubed cukes, sliced grape tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts. Sometimes, I just have sliced grape tomatoes and red onion... or tomato and avocado and spoon it on to pan sautéed shrimp with salt and pepper... easy and fast.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No bread, no potato, no rice, no pasta, no tortilla, no wraps, no low carb bread, no crackers.

If you are an evening snacker as I am... use either your mid morning or mid afternoon supplement as an 8-9pm supplement so you will not mindlessly snack. Give yourself permission to have one of the 100 calorie supplement foods listed as a planned eating event.[/FONT]
have the weight loss for dummies book on a e-book if anybody wants it?
bbb