• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Do you care more about what you look like than how you physically feel?

I started by hoping to feel better cos my joints were suffering - every time I got up I would groan!:sigh:

But I have to say that as my clothes get looser it feels good to look in the mirror and see that the lumps and bumps are disappearing!!! Also my body is started to move without as much effort.

For me its definately how I feel, which in turn for me anyway is health related.

I was diagnosed with a condition 3 years ago that means I get chronic fatigue and other probs, so that doesnt help my non existent exercise.

I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, daily life home and work just seems one long struggle. I have a young child and I decided if I dont do something and now.... well lets just say I scares the hell out of me.

Relatives have said oh what about the loose skin it will look awful and you wont be able to afford surgery. Well does it really look any better now when its full of fat.

If the way I look improves then thats great. But to me being around for my child means far more, and hopefully if my energy levels get better then I can do more with my child, so that she doesnt end up like me in the first place.

How negative of your relatives to point out you may have excess skin. I am glad thats not putting you off, and you rightly say health benefits are so vast that the skin is pretty irrelevant. Besides it may not be an issue anyway, everyone is different. I only have it on my tummy. and I don't think mine is much worse than anyone else who - like me - has had two children.

Good for you for ignoring the negativity!

Good luck

Nicola xxx

im doing it for my kids hun as i dont want to leave them on there own plus im only 28 so have so much more life to live . i hate being fat . i hate not getting any nice clothes and not feeling sexy lol if u know what i mean i felt like a frump b4 i had my band lol i still do lol dont think ill ever be happy with my self i think i need to see sum one about my feelings x

I first joined ww in August 2007. We were planning to have another baby and I knew I needed to lose weight first. I lost 4 stone before getting pregnant, and felt fantastic. I was then a size 16 and loved being able to shop anywhere, the extra energy I had, and just how good I felt. I of course piled it all, and more on during my preg, but right after he was born I got back on track. Throughout my preg I looked forward to getting back on ww. So this time its mainly about the increased energy levels, etc- but also about feeling good about myself. I am now size 12-14 and that feels fantastic.

So when I started 2 years ago it was purely for health reasons, but gradually that has changed to being motivated by feeling good about myself.

There was another thread like this one a while back now and it's outcome was exactly like this one...always done for health reasons and then as the weight starts to come off there is a hell of a lot of self esteem going on...The losers here in Mini's look great....

If you had asked me the question when I was a couple of stone overweight (and that's been many times over the course of my lifetime) I would have said bypass just so I could maintain the feel good factor I always got when slimmer...But now I am about 7 stone overweight I feel the bad health I have and I just want to feel healthy again...........(Not just for me, but for those who love me)

(((hugs)))

Back