• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric bypass waitng times panic/stress

Hi if you could be available at short notice you could always suggest to the secretary that if anyone cancels or is not fit enough you could step in at quick notice..... they are grateful for those who can drop everything and have the op... my surgeon has asked me to do no carbs, low fat, small protein veggies and a low fat diet yogurt till i get put on liver shrinking just to start to shrink the liver a little now so might be worth a call...

spikeyjaycee, sorry but if my story is anything to go by then im afraid yes... initial referral was sent in March 08 nearly a year to the day, initial appointment 28th august and was told 4-6 months now 7 months on.. i know what you mean about backache mines killing me and hey if you want a mobility scooter yell as i deal with them everyday in my job lol.. not been in one for any other reason but to assess the towns shops for access!!! lol.. where do you live any where near west sussex? chat soon
vic xx

Hi Vics, I'm in East Sussex. Luckily I have a friend who drives past the hospital on his way to work every day who has offered hubby and I a lift to St Richards. April 29 can not come soon enough....I just want to get moving with it all.

I'm doing good thanks sweetie, still sat here waiting for a date too. Although I may run out of finger nails at this rate !!

Just been to GP's mines on leave until Friday (how dare he!!lol..) Have been told to ring at 8am for appt.. Have they given you any idea of a op date yet? how long is your waiting list? I think at this rate my weight will so much more than Augusts weigh in, actually i know it is put on nearly a stone since xmas. Comfort eating which is soooo not good. xxx

thanks girls for your replies , i wonder if anyone thats having it done at st richards chichester is in the same boat? xxx

hi:wavey: yes i am was reffered last august told today should be by middle of sept.maybe we will be in at same time

Hi Debbie, i've had my bypass done, it was done on 1st April and has been all ok so far. I met Rae Rae yesterday at my 6wk check and she is starting out on this fantastic albeit strange journey. just yell if you need any support. xx
thanks hope you doing ok an all going well:) so how long did you actually wait from first refferal please ta x so frustrated:cry:

thanks hope you doing ok an all going well:) so how long did you actually wait from first refferal please ta x so frustrated:cry:
Hi, i was referred March 2008 had initial appointment with Shaw Somers August 28th had operation 1st April so all in all approx. a year from start to finish. It is extremely frustrating but rest assured the whole experience of the operation at st richards has been an incredible experience right the way from consultant down to the cleaning staff, nurses were fantastic after care contact if needed has been great too. went for my 6 week check on Monday and all is well with me. xxx

Back