• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Bypass

Laurel84

Hi all, just wanted to ask a quick question on the waiting times as there doesnt seem to be any information out there lol. Im at my second appointment with the hospital next week and im still waiting to see a dietition and have just been told were i need to go to get a psycological thing done lol what ever that is do you know roughly from this stage how long i can expect to wait, my last appointment at hospital was about 3 months ago and he said he was doing something about funding?? Also imfrom hull if theres any one local that can advise. Thanks

Last edited:
I'm roughly at the same stage as you but from a completely different area so sadly I can't help!! All of the areas/PCTs are vastly different so the waiting times and appointments etc are different. Did you ask your doc when you went for your 2nd appointment? And did they mention a sleep apnoea test??

Sorry I'm no help!!

hi Laurel and welcome to Mini's :D

I cant help with Hull PCT but I do know that all PCT's have a mind and system of their own:rolleyes: Everyones wait time is different due to some needing more tests than others, and obviously appt times being spaced differently.
There is an 18 week referral to surgery system in place but not many PCT's actually use it.
You could ring Hull PALS which are attached to your hospital and get them to check your referral progress. Just ring and ask for the bariatric team and they should point you in the right direction.

Good luck :D

I wish I could give you some guidance. Every hospital and PCT operates so differently from one another. There is not a set system in place. I would ring your PCT and hospital and see what their guidelines state.

Thank you all, any help is appreciated ill have to ask the surgeon on monday, fingers crossed he will know if i have been approved funding and what happens now, they asked about the sleep apnea thingy but not something i suffer with, doctor has advised me to have the bypass which sounds best to have, what is every one else having and is this something you would recommend. Just wish i had the money to go private and get it done asap.

Does anyone know if it will effect there decision if i have put weight on since my first visit, I didnt think i did but have since gone up a dress size. Any advise will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Laurel and:welcome2: to minis. I can't help as I had my op in Sheffield but I would like to wish you all the best on your surgical weight loss journeyxx

Thank you, i will be sure to keep you all posted, hope its a yes lol fingers crossed. Did you have the bypass or the band? hope your surgery weight loss is going well. x

Back