• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall Manor Hospital-feedback required!

Thanks Sam, so I'm a horror story now, love you too. Only kidding...lol

Lol Bonita...

BigBoy, I wasnt suggesting that Bonita was a horror story - but she did have some pretty horrific stuff to deal with after her op and spent a lot of time back in hospital. Its well worth a read hun but dont be frightened. Most Op's have no complications but its very important to be aware of what could go wrong. Bonita's story is an eye opener.

Thanks Sam, sounds like it will just need some chasing up and probably prepare myself for around Easter then...just start focussing on other stuff in the meantime like quitting smoking!;)

Bonita its nice that you are so positive about it all after your experience, it would have been very easy to blame the hospital and become bitter about it.

And yes I couldnt resist the username, it just works cos as you say people always want to say that tongue in cheek dont they, whether its an entirely accurate username is for another thread altogether :flirt2:

Welcome Big Boy

I had my open gastric bypass at walsall 14th Oct 09 with Mr khan.

The thing I didn't like is and was the pain :sigh: ouch. And I think my scar is getting infected half way down which would explain why I'm suffering still. For me it was a week of discomfort and pain 20 hours a day. The other 4 I slept. I'm also hating the injections as they sting like a biatch.

On the positive side i've lost 4lb off 2 stone in less than a month :D:D:D and look forward to losing the rest.

Tell me more about the meeting too!!! I didn't know anyone was organising them. I am going to be setting one up shortly but it won't necessarily be on the same day each month, whichever I can get the room and that's convenient to me. Just haven't had any time to!!! If someone else is doing them though I'll definitely go along.

Hi an :welcome: bigboy. I was bypassed by Mr. Khan in April this year. The admin is shocking and the after care is patchy, but it is a cse o staying on the ball and chasing. WLS is a minefield as it is, but without sites like Minis, it would be even more difficult a path to tread.

Having said that, Mr. Khan is brilliant and is very well respected in his field. I have no regrets.

Back