• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass

Hi everyone, iv just joined today, I hope everyone is well.
Thought Id write my experience over the last ten months.

I am 55 yrs old and Female.
5"5 in height.
At my highest weight I was 22 stone
The N.H.S told me I had to prove I could lose weight before they would consider me for surgery.
By the time I got my op I was down to 17stone 7lb

I had my op on the 18th of July 2012
I lost a stone a month and in 6 month I lost 6 stone and over the next few weeks I lost the 7lb, I am now 11 stone, exactly half the weight I was.
I have now stopped losing but I have to say I dont want to lose any more, most of whats left is hanging skin, which im affraid is the down side of losing so much weight, im currently looking at cosmetic surgery abroad as the N.H.S wont help at all.
I have found a good sergeon but dont know if I am allowed to put the address on here.

Hummmm the things that happened to me while losing weight,??? now this does not happen to everyone but it could.
I had to have my Gaul Bladder removed, they said its what happenes with these ops, I also developed a very large Ulcer where they bypassed the stomache, just be aware of these things.

Other than that I am fit and healthy
My Diabetes has disappeared
My Sleep Apnia has disappeared
High Colestrol Gone
My High Blood Pressure is normal now
No more Fatty Liver
ALL NORMAL and I feel fantastic.
11 stone has gone off my bones and I can walk again without pain...:)...:553::553:
If you have any question just ask me....Vivien...x

SleeveGirl

Congratulations on your amazing weight loss :)

mummy2309

congrats on your weight loss

Slimmingnix

Thank you for sharing - you have done very well.
SNx

South Beach

Hi everyone, iv just joined today, I hope everyone is well.
Thought Id write my experience over the last ten months.

I am 55 yrs old and Female.
5"5 in height.
At my highest weight I was 22 stone
The N.H.S told me I had to prove I could lose weight before they would consider me for surgery.
By the time I got my op I was down to 17stone 7lb

I had my op on the 18th of July 2012
I lost a stone a month and in 6 month I lost 6 stone and over the next few weeks I lost the 7lb, I am now 11 stone, exactly half the weight I was.
I have now stopped losing but I have to say I dont want to lose any more, most of whats left is hanging skin, which im affraid is the down side of losing so much weight, im currently looking at cosmetic surgery abroad as the N.H.S wont help at all.
I have found a good sergeon but dont know if I am allowed to put the address on here.

Hummmm the things that happened to me while losing weight,??? now this does not happen to everyone but it could.
I had to have my Gaul Bladder removed, they said its what happenes with these ops, I also developed a very large Ulcer where they bypassed the stomache, just be aware of these things.

Other than that I am fit and healthy
My Diabetes has disappeared
My Sleep Apnia has disappeared
High Colestrol Gone
My High Blood Pressure is normal now
No more Fatty Liver
ALL NORMAL and I feel fantastic.
11 stone has gone off my bones and I can walk again without pain...:)...:553::553:
If you have any question just ask me....Vivien...x

Congrats on your weight loss. Please update on your skin removal surgery too. I have a lot of weight to lose and am concerned about lose skin but we have saved up and I will be looking to pay to get the excess skin removed too. So would very much like to know of a good plastic surgeon. I don't have any lose skin at the moment but I think that is because it is still plumped up full with the fat :D
Kate
xx

caraline

Congratulations on such a great weight loss. well done x

Alimac79

please put details of surgeon on as I for one would be very interested and know a lot more people would too.....congrats on your success x

Congrats on your weight loss !