• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Sleeve...(Colitis & WLS)

Snowcrystal

This is something that I might have to consider over a gastric bypass because of colitis.

The small amount of data that I have is that it's good, it cannot be reversed and as a standalone operation my surgeon would make the stomach smaller than if it were done before a full gastric bypass.

I know that the data is very thin on the ground as to the long term effects but is there anyone that has had the sleeve, or does anyone have some good information about it?

I know we have a couple of sleevers in on Mini's, but I can't remember who.

(((hugs)))

Hi

Blonde Moment has a sleeve and I think Mix Man - some one has also posted a sleeve diary, in the diary section.

Maz x

Yes, I have a sleeve, what is it you want to know :D

Yes, I have a sleeve, what is it you want to know :D

Hi Mixman

Everything that you know...(If you don't mind)...Please!

As you may have read above, according to the registrar I saw yesterday, colitis might have an impact on whether I get the bypass.

She said that if the sleeve was given to me as a 'stand alone' operation they would make my stomach pouch smaller than if they were going to do the sleeve for a larger person than me, as a larger person would go on to have a full bypass later on.

Did you have yours as a stand alone operation?...Have you got a good restriction?...Results? and what were you told about it?

I have some data on it but as it's still relatively new there are not many long term result data.

Thank in anticipation.....

(((hugs)))

Well, for me, it was explained that, because I am a larger large person :D, that when they 'went in', if they thought that doing the full bypass was going to be a bit risky (Due to the area they had to work in) then I would get a sleeve.

When they did get in they found that it would be better to perform the sleeve. Dr. Ackroyd did explain before that some people have this and then a full bypass when 'smaller' but also a lot are more than happy with the results from this operation alone.

I got weighed last week and just 4 weeks after the operation, plus 10 days pre-op diet, I have lost 3st 12.5lbs :D

So far, my food now, nearly 6 weeks post op, is pretty much the same as a person with a bypass. The diet sheet is the same.

Breakfast is 1 weetabix, lunch is a few crackers or crispbreads with philly light or tinned mackeral. Dinner is a fish pie or cod in parsley sauce and jacket potato (No skin) or microwave macaroni cheese/pasta dish. I can eat about half of a regular meal.

I stopped taking pain meds 9 days after the op, I have had it really really good so far.

Your team may recommend a different approach so I can only put this across as what I personally am doing/feeling! But I feel brilliant and have so much energy!!

Hope this helps

Mickie

Back