• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Georgia's Story

Spikeyjaycee

Did anyone see this programme on BBC1 last night? Basically it was about a British 15 year old girl who weighted 33 stone. Because of her age, she couldn't have diet medication or WLS so she was awarded a scholarship to an academy in Amercia that deals with obesity. The programme followed her for 6 months in which time she lost 10 stone through health eating and exercise. She has since gone on to lose another 2 stone and aims to be done to 9 stone by the time she is 19. It was a very well documented programme and an inspiration to a lot of young people I thought.

I thought it was excellent. What a pity we don't have such facilities here in the UK. I believe there is a weight management centre in Leeds, but nothing the scale of Wellsprings.

Georgia is a star and a massive inspiration to youngsters everwhere. I Sky+'d it for my youngest.

i didnt see the programme but i did read her story on the net a while back, shes a very determined young lady and should be congratulated on her success.

liz x

Back