• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ive just broke my heart crying

pinkylin

Ive just watch what is prob an old programme of the fat doctor where a 31yr old man called daniel got a gastric bypass and couldnt cope with the op and died now im not putin this here so i can worry peeps as im due to get bypass myself and im still goin through with it this hasnt put me off i just feel so heart broken for that poor man the reason he died was because he had a weak heart after havin 3 heart attacks and he was 40 stone i just feel so sad and heart broken for the man he never had a chance of a life it makes me so angry that there is obesity and that we have to go through something like this in the first place to get a chance of a normal life again and a healthier one im so sorry if im upseting peeps on here with this that is not my intention i just want to talk i didnt think it would of affected me the way that it did but it has im ok now tho but that poor man isnt while i was watchin i just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him he would be ok why do these things have to happen i knw hes prob in a better place now that what he was in but stil my heart goes out to him and his family rest in peace you beautiful young man daniel.xx

Oh hun, I hope you are okay. It is a shame that he died of course. But at least he died knowing that he had the chance and I am hopeful that he had some peace with that thought and at least people tried. xx

was very sad

yes he new the risks and he said he would die anyway if he didnt have the op but he was such a lovely person and he was so hopefull.xx

what side is the fat doctor on? Very sad story

254 hun and its on again at 9pm tonight.x

Yes it is very sad.
Didn't watch it today but think it was aired before. If it is the same one, even his mother was grateful to the surgeon for trying to help her son.

yeh his mum was gratefull hun as was daniel for the surgeon to do it as he had been refused for the op 10yrs earlier by his local pct and he was 30 stone then but no they said it was cosmetic so he couldnt have it so in my eyes they stole his life away from him.x

yes i saw it too and it was terribly sad, he was a lovely man, very intelligent and articulate.
I agree also personally if his PCT had agreed to fund the surgery first time round before he got heart problems and ten stone lighter i am sure he would of had a different outcome. So i lay the blame firmly at their door.

After reading your post i just watched the programme and was very sad to hear he died after a long struggle.
How can any pct say its cosmetic i think thats disgusting, my pct are like that 2 untill 2007 they thought along the same line and they refused funding for wls and only the past 2 yrs have they funded surgery.
RIP Daniel xxxx

i was just so upset for him he would of gone through the op like you sed with rusty knives coz he was that desperate for a chance of a norm life when i went to bed last night i couldnt get him of my mind and this makes me want to stand up and shout and be heard for all the people out there who are struggling with there weight and getin denied from there pcts i tell ya if i won the lottery i would set up a special place for peeps to come who had weight probs and to recieve the help they needed i think these surgeons are miracle workers there angels in disguise im seriously thinkin after my op if i get it lol of pursuing this line of work somehow as i feel like i need to stand up to these b*****ds pcts who say no to the op im one of the lucky ones so far as ive been granted funding but i feel so strongly for the ones who havnt my hubby said with me bein so strong minded and certanily not afraid of having an opinion that i should run for council to try become an mp lol pmsl me in the houses of parliment id be shot hahahahahahahaha i certanily wouldnt make any friends there lol coz ive to much to say for meself hahaha dont get me wrong im not horrible i just beleve in standin up for yaself coz if you dont who will?

Back