• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting a bit nervous...

Banderbird

So I'm just a week away from being banded now, and starting to get a bit scared. I suppose everyone feels the same.

My biggest fear is that something goes wrong post-op - the band slips, or comes undone, or leaks and I'm faced with having to find thousands of pounds to fix it!

I'm nervous about the general anaesthetic too.

Please reassure me! Most of the banders on here seem to have had positive experiences..

as someone who has a fear of anaesthetic I know tha hearing "it will be fine" doesn't help in the slightest.

There is no reason that anything will go wrong with your band, bu those fears are natural. Have you considered taking out post op nsurance against band issues?

I have 3 years cover (separate to my 2 year after care package) which overs for slips etc "just in case" but it may be worth considering if it will help ou your mind at rest

Thanks TK, who is your insurance with? I do wonder if it might be a good idea.

THG provide 6 months of cover but that's all.

I know it's unlikely anything will go wrong but....

i will see if I can find the paperwork tomorrow as I don't know offhand. :)

im lucky that im nhs with my band , I have had slippage but it did take 4 years befor that happened and I had lost the weight befor that all gone back on now but that's not the bands fault its mine. it natural to have worries things can go wrong with bands down the line so I think insurance a good idea but problems arnt the norm .

Does anyone know of any insurance companies i could use to get insurance for such things as slippage?? x

Back