• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting close now and still confused!

Sair H

Hi All
Just thought that I would stop by again after my last depressing post about my 24 year marriage being over just weeks before my surgery date! I am due to have my gastric band at Heartlands on Thursday and my pre-op diet has gone really well which is mostly down to the amount of stress I have had to bear over the last 10 weeks. I chose the yoghurt option as I wasn't really eating much anyway with everything going on and have now lost 3 and a half stone :) Went for my pre-op last Monday and my BMI is now in the 40's which is a good start. My quandry now is who to take me to the hospital as Hubby has booked the day off and wants to take me but my Mum & Dad have also offered. Me & Hubby are trying to keep everything amicable but is his really the last face that I want to see before going under? I know that he will just run off and text his new girlfriend as soon as I'm off his hands and will that play on my mind? My relationship with my parents hasn't been that good in the last couple of years and would this be a chance to build some bridges? I'm confused and would appreciate any feedback. Can anyone tell me how long the relatives have to hang around for? I know that with a band it should only take about an hour but when are they allowed back in to visit? I know that Hubby will moan if he has to hang around all day which is another thing playing on my mind. It felt weird to name him as my next of kin at the pre-op but that's just the way it is I suppose. I can't wait to just get this all over and done with and then try to move on and make a new life for myself :D

Hun do you have a friend who can take you, or at least pick you up? x

I am not sure about a band but my husband walked me down to the op at 2pm. So was with me all day.
Good luck with your op hun x

Sair!

1st of all the 1st thing that comes to mind is sweetheart kick that (B) I won't swear! Grrr to the Kerb.

Well done with the weight loss you have done amazing and it's only going to go down further.

He won't know what he is missing, mind you you don't need someone like that in your life .
You are worth more than that!

Let him crack on and see if you have friend that can with you.
You don't need someone there through gritted teeth you have enough on your mind without having to worry about whether he Is there!

Good luck with your surgery and here o's to your new life xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I am having my bypass at Heartlands 30th March. Both on paper and to speak to they say your family can help you settle in the ward then can come back in visiting time later. But future perfect (Cathi) had her band at Heartlands. First thing in the morning. And was out the same day.

So try not to overly stress about it. If all goes well, you may be in out too.

I think your parents are a better option to help. You know that even they times have been bad, they genuinely care about you.

I live in Brum, so if there is anything you need let me know.

WLS support group is the night before your op at Heartlands. It's free and may help you to feel positive :) xxx

I had a friend drop me off then my oh called in as working but versus waitin 2hrs until I went down I sent him away so waited for my op in my room alone....which was fine as nurses r coming etc. On reflection it was a wise move as whilst yes the op is only 45mins you feel drowsy n like pants all night. I came back to my room at 4pm n slept like a log!!! I text him to come around 8pm but to be honest I told him to go at 9 as was just shattered, from the anaesthetic. So was a wasted journey for him. I then slept for England until the morning (apart from the night nurse waking to do the obs) then I was picked up at 10 and home

You don't need anyone with you Hun!!! Trust me!!! And last thing you want us anyone there you have issues with xx

Go with whoever makes you feel less anxious you don't need the stress before your op. Chill out get some head phones in and listen to something relaxing while you wait. good luck hope al goes well xx

Hi i had my band last monday (12th) and my dad dropped me off on the sunday at the hotel and then came back for me on the tuesday morning. So i think just get your parents to drop you off and then to phone hosp later to see how you are. because of the gas pain and tiredness i dont think i would of been up for visitors anyway. good luck and hope all goes well. Hx

Back