• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting very real now!!

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
Well after my blood test a few weeks ago, I spoke to my GP and apparently I have fatty tissue in my liver..................:eek:
now I'm no Einstein, but I've been overweight for a great deal of my life on or off...............Of course I've got a fatty liver!!!:confused:

So I had to have a scan...what a waste of money. Anyway surprise surprise (I feel Like Cilla:D) its true Ive got a fatty liver!!!!!

I suppose I shouldn't be annoyed, he's an absolute sweetie and only doing his job but really. Speaking to him about the results he said as I was already addressing this there was no problem:rolleyes:

Anyway Tuesday I start my pre op diet. I still can't decide wether to go on the milk diet, don't have to think about meals but very boring I'm sure or the low carb diet. Surely this would harder as I have to make decisions and as history has proved I'm not always good at making the right ones,:break_diet: although this will be the last diet I ever have to embark on .....How liberating:D

Had my pre admission appointment today...all ok .....although they need another armful of blood not more than 10 days before the op. Had a quick ecg, a few swabs and a look around the very plush hospital with full a'la carte menu:cry:...how ironic....and back off home.

So now its really going to happen.:eek:

I can't work out wether I'm excited or frightened or what. I actually have placed it out of my mind as we've been so busy. This week seems to have slowed , so the old brain has started ticking over again!!! Going to launch a new part of the business in the next few weeks so that will keep me occupied... then roll on the 7th Sept.:eek: Thats only 20 sleeps away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I though when you were 'poked' your liver was OK and you were fat under the skin ! Welcome to the fatty liver club !! (although I was told so when I was poked) You will soon have the perfect liver though.

You are a glutton for punishment with the business, what is the new arm - can you tell or is it top secret? 20 sleeps will fly by and especially with you being so busy.

I personally am glad I had the milk diet. But I am also very lazy when it comes to food. You must be pretty disciplined in your line of work, so maybe the low carb etc will be OK for you.

Are you doing a wedding this weekend?

Keep us posted
xx

Not really a secret, we sell alot of old fashioned style hotpots in our shop and for our wedding parties etc. So I'm going to try to offer a local delivery service as a takeaway supper type meals.

Nothing too extravagant just real food, competitively priced delivered to the door. I know we often cant be bothered to cook and fancy something just not chinese or fish and chips

I'm not working this weekend thank goodness, so planning to take a few hours off......its been three weeks since we did that. Thats why I haven't been on here very much been too busy to post...have tried to read a few each evening though just to keep up to date :)

Yes sometimes the posts just snowball, and there are 100's to catch up on. Good you take a bit of time for yourself, and relax. Oh and re the hot pots Do you deliver out to Lands End !!! Either that or I will come and live near you.

I was a lazy cook before, but can't imagine doing much for one now. Crying shame really as I have an old AGA. It was in the house when we moved in, I'm not using it all all now - apart from heating the water, oh and boiling the kettle. I'm just microwaving my small portions of soup.

Soon you will be in for a long rest, after your op. I hope you get pampered too. x

Oh an old aga....I had a little rayburn in a flat we rented many moons ago....I thought it was an awful eyesore and swore it would never be used.....but once I cooked on it I was hooked....Its my dream to own an Olde Worlde cottage with a huge Aga in the corner, along with the dig in a basket etc etc!!! LOL!

I really hope I can get some peace when I have my op...I would love just to have some time for myself......I hope that doesn't sound insenstive with all you're going through...but sometimes it would be nice to just be quiet, alone.

You sound much brighter today so I'm guessing it's been a bit better...you could always come up to Falmouth in your new sporty car with your toyboy carsalesman;)

Back