• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting Impatient!

SHARONA

Hospital cant apply for funding till July as I would have finished tier 3 and have been in service 12months . Although from Gp referral over 2years .Its been a long time and Im apprehensive that I might not even get funding as my weight is going up above that 5% loss! I keep reading everything to do with weight loss and surgery and just so want to have this op now to a new me . I have so many questions and just wish someone could help me answer them i feel like i am in limbo. Come on need this op.How long now??? :confused::sigh::whacky068::missing:

sorry cant help there i got mine quite quick but i didnt have to do tier 3 or anything or be in the system 12 months either i got in just before it all changed to that it might be a wait but just think at the end of the wait is a reduction of weight and well worth waiting for

Sorry I can;t help as I decided to go private in the end, but I really hope it's sorted soon for you! x

Thanks princess again I know thats so true just getting real apprehensive with this wait and really dont want to put on any other weight.Northampton girl I wish I could afford to do so I would have to take out a loan and i dont want to do that , if i knew it was going to take this long i would have tried ages ago. How much did it cost and where did you have it done????

Hi SHARONA, what hospital you on the waiting list.....i think the waiting is the most nervous and abit annoying tbh :-( i yesterday was having a bad day after a phone call from walsall manor hospital stating that after my 1st appointment on 18th july, there is a further waiting list of 6-9mths.
Try stay and think positive hun.
best wishes xx

sjtmay05 Im with Heartlands hosp . Saw dietitian 6 wks ago and she talked me through different types of surgery and said she knows she shouldnt tell me but i will get funding once they apply in July as i would have been with Heartlands tier 3 12months. Im very apprehensive and thinking and feeling im going to be let down.Then you have to have a seminar then see the dietiton then wait for funding to come through before even given a date for surgery and how long the waiting list is ?? then the milk diet phew can i wait ??? I got no choice as cant afford to go private starting to feel real unwell with all this weight too many health probs so frustrated SORRY bab enough about me I will try to stay positive.when you go on the 18th who are you seeing?? have you been through the 3 tier weight loss slim sessions? is funding in place then hun?? Im wishing you all the best and please keep me imformed every step of the way we can encourage one another bet you get through quicker than me tho! x
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...cm1TZzZk3VJnhIJjeIAwYTg&bvm=bv.67720277,d.cWc

heartlands is 18 weeks or less from being placed on list

yes 18 weeks from being listed i was listed end january and opped in april but my 18 weeks would have been this week and im 7 weeks post op today so that was 11 weeks im back at heartlands monday have a psot op seminar to attend

Hi SHARONA, hope your good and well, no i avent been told about any 3 tier sessions????? my gp referred my to walsall manor hospital beginning of april, all ive had is my 1st appointment letter for the 18th july with Mr Khan, it states that could be approx 4 hours as il be seeing several different people there ????? so who knows ??? only 43 days of more waiting not that im counting lol.
TBH im excitied about it all....the appointment...the next step....the milk diet...receiving my op date.....AND THEN THE OP ;-0
Will defo keep in touch.
I wish you well with your journey.
Have you heard any more since ur last up date on here xxx

Hi sjtmay05 hi just had a letter this morning. No further forward but any correspondence is better than nothing so i know im still in the cycle! Lol they say they are seeing the MEDICAL/SURGICAL MDT for consideration of funding. So pLEASE EVERYONE please support me in my waiting!!!! so lets see. Any news with you??? Its very up and down roller coster for everyone some go in for surgery via different routes . I hope i will be able to be put forward just seen that i have lost 4.67% and not 5% which is what they wanted. Let me know how your getting on x

Last edited:
LinBaker Thank you .I wish it would hurry up so fed up of waiting its such a long haul! Wish i could hear yes or no so I could move forward so frustrating! How are you doing with your weight loss journey???

Hospital cant apply for funding till July as I would have finished tier 3 and have been in service 12months . Although from Gp referral over 2years .Its been a long time and Im apprehensive that I might not even get funding as my weight is going up above that 5% loss! I keep reading everything to do with weight loss and surgery and just so want to have this op now to a new me . I have so many questions and just wish someone could help me answer them i feel like i am in limbo. Come on need this op.How long now??? :confused::sigh::whacky068::missing:
I've been through the tier three programme , I lost 24lb,the final decision was I could loss weight on my own, I went back to my doctor really upset, I have 8.5 stone to shed still,
I got Nhs funding, went to the spire on the 5th June, picked the date I wanted my op,
Seems to be different in different parts of uk,x

LinBaker Thank you .I wish it would hurry up so fed up of waiting its such a long haul! Wish i could hear yes or no so I could move forward so frustrating! How are you doing with your weight loss journey???

I'm only 4 months into the mandatory 12 month tier 3 programme, so quite a long way to go.

Did you hear anything yet? I'm sure it will be soon

Hi SKTMAY 05 hi just had a letter this morning. No further forward but any correspondence is better than nothing so i know im still in the cycle! Lol they say they are seeing the MEDICAL/SURGICAL MDT for consideration of funding. So pLEASE EVERYONE please support me in my waiting!!!! /QUOTE]

I'm Supporting Sharona <3 I think now things will move a lot quicker, it was less than two weeks after I get the letter about the funding when I got a call asking to attend the seminar

mighty1888 Thank you so much for info, so did you get a similar letter before inviting to seminar. Did you lose the 5% .Hope you get an appointment to see the surgeon soon than you think. I just hope that he waiting list is too long for all .

Not sure what is affected at heartlands but they had a salmonella outbreak lsst week 4 doctors and 16 patients with it hope its not bariatrics so you guys get sorted soon

I got a letter in the post today from the hospital booking me an appointment with consultant in general surgery on the 23rd of June... Next week! I'm pretty shocked it's happened so soon, but happy.

I'm guessing once I've had the appointment and everything is ok, I will get given the go ahead to be put on the waiting list. Yikes if any one has am has yet to get this far and are going through heartlands have any questions they want me to ask whilst I'm there fire them at me and il ask away. I already have 1001 questions to ask, however they seems to disappear out my head as quick as they appear. I'm going to have to write things down as I think of them

Back