• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone in salford??

sezzer13

Hi, i have been under weight management at salford royal since june 12. The hospital has approved my operation and have now written to my gp to apply for funding my bmi is 50.2 has any one else done it this was and how long does it take xx

hi and welcome, im not in salford im in stockport but my operation is being done under salford royal due to being under stockprt pct it has taken me 4 years to get the fundingmy bmi now is 60+

good luck and i hope you hear from the funding pct soon

Thanks to you both for getting back to me whats the process when the funding has been granted i have done the six months weight managment x

Hi Sezzers 13
Im currently under salford royal & im a little bit further down the line than you.
its taken about 1 year from start to currently waiting for the sleep clinic to say my apnea is under control & then a pre-op & then wait for op date, im under dr summers btw
if you have any questions & i can help please ask

hi Mr doo, i have sleep apnea too been under treatment with the cpac for over 18month im worried now that they will say ihave to wait again,im also under salford royal for my bypass?? who are you under

Hi Mummy 2309
Im under Dr Summers formy bypass, in the 12 months ive been in the system i think i maybe have seen her 3/4 times, seen 1 of her team more often than not ( Dr summers is great btw)
Have you had your cpac card read yet? ifso they wouldve told you if its ok or not, on&c its ok they tell the surgical team & its in their hands then
goodluck with your journey & ask any questions, if i can i will help

i have my card read every 12 months now as it controlling my sleep apnea, i went to mysleep study on monday and what a waste of time and money, got there to be told iwould have the test for sleep apnea which i told her i have already got sleep apnea and use a cpac machine she said its the second time in 1 day someone has come for no reason, she asked who i spoke to and what they said when i phoned up to question the sleep study so tuck some details and say sorry for wasting my time and money and off i went, now got appointment on thursday for psychology notsure what they will ask ay ideas

I had my psych test done at Salford,she was lovely.
The best thing is to go in relaxed,be truthful and honest about your eating habits.
I got asked about childhood/eating habits/support at home etc...at the end of the test,she phoned though to say I was ready for my op and I was placed on list straight away!..good luck x

thanks hun, sets my mind of ease now, really worried about this appointment

thanks, what happens after the appointment do they writ off to someone else??

I have mild sleep apeana and have a cpac machine but dont really use it and it seems to disturb me more do you think this will make a difference x

all done now im on the list im so so happy im having the sleeve done instead of the bypass as i take alot of meds long term so surgeon thinks the sleeve will be better for me

about 6 weeks im over the moon

Back