• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting My Head Round The Pre-Op Diet/ Update

PinkyButtonz

Hi All,

I had planned to start Monday but have put it off again and again. I also need to shift the few pounds I put on while I was away last week. I know I have nearly 4 weeks till my op but I feel if I don't get started I never will.

I feel very fortunate to have only been waiting 6 months from the time I was the surgeon till date of op, so I'm not going to mess up my chance now.

I planned to do CD for my pre-op diet. To ease myself in to it I've had a shake this morning, low fat lunch and dinner. I plan to have shake tomorrow for breakfast and lunch and a low fat dinner, then following day be on 3 shakes plus a high protein meal.

So far I'm not feeling to bad but I know its early days.

Hi Pinky

I am on day 6 of pre op milk diet, i'm 9lb down but tired and weak. Amazingly not hungry much at all.

Good luck with your diet and surgery and just think this is the start of the new you.

Day 2 of easing myself in to the pre-op diet.

So far so good today after a slight blip yesterday :eek:.

My op is on 12th so I need to start pre-op now but I go on holiday with the family for a week, tomorrow. Argh - it's going to be hard staying focused. Can chose between 3pints milk + one yoghurt + sugar free squash OR low fat, low carb, low cal with max 1/3 pt milk.
Big decision - think it will be the normal food option so the kids don't think Nanna has gone mad!

Race you to the finishing line.

Lynda

I have to lose 5% of my weight before my op on the 7th November, (surgeon's rules) as well as doing the pre op diet for two weeks before my op date.

I'm following the Slimfast plan at mo and it seems to be working ok for me. My dietician has said I can also use Slimfasts for my pre op diet, I will be allowed 5 shakes or smoothies per day plus a salty drink such as diluted marmite or oxo!

Good luck with yours, the first few days are the hardest but it does get easier. :cross:

Cuppacocoa xx

Hiya Pinky

My last date to start the pre op is Tuesday, am aiming for Monday though when I will be having the pre op assessment.

How you getting on so far with the cd?

Xx

Hi Cuppacocoa,

I was told to lose 7kg before my op. I had nearly done it but I went away last week for a few days. A bit to much celebrating getting my op date and since I came back struggled to get back on track. That is also one of the reasons I have started the diet now rather than 2 weeks before my op. I get weighed on 20th so I should be ok by then I hope :).

All the best with the diet.

Pinkyxx

I have to lose 5% of my weight before my op on the 7th November, (surgeon's rules) as well as doing the pre op diet for two weeks before my op date.

I'm following the Slimfast plan at mo and it seems to be working ok for me. My dietician has said I can also use Slimfasts for my pre op diet, I will be allowed 5 shakes or smoothies per day plus a salty drink such as diluted marmite or oxo!

Good luck with yours, the first few days are the hardest but it does get easier. :cross:

Cuppacocoa xx

Hi Phoebe,

So far so good today :).

I'm feeling slightly hungry but just keep drinking water. I think tomorrow will be the worst as I will have a full day on CD.
I Just keep thinking of the prize lol.

Hiya Pinky

My last date to start the pre op is Tuesday, am aiming for Monday though when I will be having the pre op assessment.

How you getting on so far with the cd?

Xx

Yesterday was day 3 of CD (SS+) pre-op diet and all went well. Having to get use to all the water has been harder, the loo has become my friend lol.

My op is on 12th so I need to start pre-op now but I go on holiday with the family for a week, tomorrow. Argh - it's going to be hard staying focused. Can chose between 3pints milk + one yoghurt + sugar free squash OR low fat, low carb, low cal with max 1/3 pt milk.
Big decision - think it will be the normal food option so the kids don't think Nanna has gone mad!

Race you to the finishing line.

Lynda

Hi Didi (or rather 'Mad Nanna') I'm on the 'real food' diet and it's an absolute doddle. Once you get your head around it and really think about the variations you can apply within the guidelines its really easy. I've only had one day where I felt hungry and picky but that soon passed. Tonight we had beef stroganoff which, normally, would be out of the question but I made it with low fat creme fraiche and it was lovely. OH cooked me a fat-free curry last night which was gorgeous. Add plenty of non-carb veggies and you are well within the guidelines. Good luck, xx

good luck with it sounds like you have got it well sorted... i am not looking forward to my pre op diet at all... at uchl we have 4 yoghurts and 4 small cans of ww soup a day ....hope i do not get too constipated !!! lol x x

Hi Phoebe,

Yesterday went really well with diet. Don't want to talk to soon but I think I've cracked it lol :). I've replied to your PM.

XX

Heya Pinky

How did today go?

Xx

Hi guys

will be getting details of this dreaded pre-op diet in the post soon :((

I actually love milk etc though but not sure what else it includes :D

Hi Pinky - Just interested, did they tell you when you need to start your pre op diet ?

I started mine 5 days before my op, and that was bearable and i managed it quite well, any longer and i'd have had trouble and probably cheated it, so wondering why your starting so early ?

Hi SS,

I was sent the pre-op diet via email on the 17/09/09 and was told I could start it then. I was going away for a few days so we discussed starting when I returned.

I started early as I had gained about 4lb and was worried about the 7kg the surgeon had told me to lose before he'd od the op. I had nearly lost most of the 7kg, but went out for those last and last and last meals :D. I'm a slow loser (I'm on steroids) and didn't want to rely on losing it 2 weeks before op.

I went to the hospital 2 weeks ago (not for wls) and the silly nurse hurriedly weighed me with my coat, shoes and walking crutch on. I just couldn't be bothered to say anything. I'll not let that happed when I go for my pre-admission, I'll be prepared and only keep on enough to hide my modesty lol.

I'm not on the usual Milk Pre-Op Diet. As agreed with the Bariatric Nurse I'm doing CD's 810cal, 3 shakes and a high protein meal. The nurse wants me to be on just the shakes 2weeks before op. I've done CD before and milk doesn't agree with me so I have Lactose Free Shakes.

So far I've not been tempted to cheat and not really been bothered about food.

Hi Pinky - Just interested, did they tell you when you need to start your pre op diet ?

I started mine 5 days before my op, and that was bearable and i managed it quite well, any longer and i'd have had trouble and probably cheated it, so wondering why your starting so early ?

Back