• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting there !

sarahloveswelshcobs

Officially started this diet end of first week of February. A couple of weeks later, I decided this would be the very last time of losing and then putting it back on plus more.

I phoned and booked a consultation with my surgeon and then had surgery a week later. My doctor actually has my recorded weight from referral ( I went to docs a week before consultation) as being 22 st.

I managed to lose quite a lot pre op by totally cutting carbs and going low fat. For that reason, they were happy to do the op without their pre op diet.

Surgery went really well. I believe I was very lucky and had absolutely no pain or pain killers at all. I stayed in overnight. I did have sickness for 3 or 4 days which was really nasty.

Food wise, I've adjusted we'll. I. Can eat anything, just smaller quantities. You name it from steak to raw carrots. I am careful though and don't snack. I'm looking at all packet labels... Bit obsessed I suppose!

Some days I can and do eat much more than others. If I fancy something I'll have it - so I can still have treats though I do t restrict them.

I don't dump any have not had any intolerance issues. I opted for sleeve due to lower risks, faster recovery times, less likely hood of intolerances

Going by this weeks weight loss and my doctors recorded weight from feb, I've now, I've officially lost 5 st since this time in feb. I've gone from a size 24 / 26 to 18 / 20. Definitely a 20 on top, but wearing size 18 next jeans.

Long way to go as yet. I'd like to aim for another 3st before Christmas.....

I hope this helps anyone considering a wrap / plication. I've got absolutely no regrets :)

Lincs Lass

That's fantastic going.

I had my op in Feb and have also lost 5 stone but I've 'only' dropped to a 20/22 from a 26 - but then you do have an inch on me in height :-D

I'm sure you'll make your Christmas target x

sarahloveswelshcobs

Well done to you too! Nice to see other wrappers getting good results. I'm 5ft 6 and a half and had my op two weeks after you - so we're pretty much level.

I dropped two dress sizes in 2 weeks. Had barely bought 3 new pairs of jeans and desperately needed more ... All of a sudden I had a major shrink, so hopefully you'll have another soon too x

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Wtg Sarah.fantastic loss. Good luck on the balloon trip. You are braver than me as I don't like anything higher than a foot up.... Enjoy :) x

chibchick

Well done Sarah on your fantastic weight loss and going on a balloon trip, how exciting :) I am having a sleeve at beginning of September so it's wonderful to read about the 'positives'. Did you have any problems with reflux at all??
Cathy

sarahloveswelshcobs

I had a lot of reflux before. After the initial say 6 weeks post op, it totally went. I dont get indigestion or reflux at all now.

I can truly eat anything (incl steak etc - which I believe most sleevers cant.). I can drink a full glass of cold squash in a oner should I really feel like it - as long as it's not after a meal !

I cna tolerate fizzy drinks too - though one medium glass is more than plenty.

Generally dont drink - but I fancy a pimms and diet lemonade with loads of ice tonight ! x

If you have questions, I'm happy to help if I can.

sarahloveswelshcobs

Still here - still going. It's coming off, albeit slowly. Now is size 16 jeans and 16 / 18 tops.

Thankfully not much in the way of excess skin - so happy to keep going at a slow and steady pace.

salty

Still here - still going. It's coming off, albeit slowly. Now is size 16 jeans and 16 / 18 tops. Thankfully not much in the way of excess skin - so happy to keep going at a slow and steady pace.

Hi Sarah. I have abmi of 35 and am interested in this. We're did you get operation done x

Mrs Noodles

Hi Sarah

Did you have the wrap or gastric sleeve done as you've said sleeve but your profile says wrap?
I'm looking into having surgery with Professor Ammori and have been quoted £6500 for a wrap.

Mrs Noodles

Thanks Sarah, sounds like you've had amazing results with the wrap, you must be so happy!

sarahloveswelshcobs

Thank you both.

I'm a bit shy and haven't put photos on before ... but suppose it's time I showed myself.

One photo from around this time last year - and two from Christmas markets in Europe earlier this month.

Progress is now slow - but I am still losing.

1year_zpsa314220d.jpg

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Oh hun you look absolutely amazing and gorgeous. You must be well chuffed with yourself :) xx