• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

getting worried!!!!!!

luv2bskinny

just wondering if anybody can help? i am due for my 2nd appointment at SRH and i was not given a weight loss target but i think i ave put a couple of pounds since my last appointment in october just wondering if that wil go against me or is it not til my 2nd appointment wen i actually recive a weight loss target nd then dont meet it, it wil not be good???

any advice wil wil help me out x

Hi,
I believe that we at sunderland are given a weight loss target when we have our meeting with the bariatric nurse.
The first is the seminar and then around 4 months later this appointment. Mine is 10th feb

ah gud!!! i was just worryin cos i got weighed at t seminar but not given a weight loss target, my 2nd appointment is 9th feb so if all goes to plan it looks lyk me nd u morningstar should be getting out operations around the same time ha what op are you hopeing for? x

Hi there,
hopefully a bypass.. I think this is the preferred op for diabetics, and yep! looks as though we will be going through this together, we can compare notes.
Your next & first appointment will be with Kim Common I dare say so you will have your info before me and have an idea then what's going to happen. Lol. x

i am hopng for a band, cant wait for my nxt appoinment then i will feel as though i am gettin sum were!! fingers crossed with the 4th surgen being their things will start moving more quickly ha do u wot wil happen at the 2nd apppointment? x

Hi,

You'll need to register at reception, then you're called and get weighed and are given a sleep apnea and 'emotional' questionnaire to complete.

Then you see dietician (Valerie - I think) where you'll be asked about your diet history - if you've ever lost weight on a diet, what your eating habits are like, what foods you eat, etc. you need to be honest at this stage as its how they base their assumptions on the type of surgery that might be best for you. I was going to be offered a sleeve, but I said that I was afraid I might be tempted to stretch it by overeating; so both dietician and bariatric nurse agreed bypass.

If you have put weight on since the group seminar you will be asked to loose some weight before the next appointment (I'd put 4lbs on so was asked to loose 11lbs before I see the surgeon).

Next, Kim will ask you about your medical history - if you're on medications take a list with you (she should have these already from your GP but it saves her going back and forth in the file).
Kim said that the wait for the next appointment is between 4-5 months (I said I was expecting 6 months so that was a nice surprise), where you will see the surgeon and get weighed again.

If you've met the weight loss target, and there are no other complications to prevent the surgery, the surgeon should at this stage say that you can go on the list. This is about 6 months. During this time you will have a endoscopy if you're having bypass or sleeve and they may send you for other tests too. I have just arranged to have a sleep apnea test at Darlington Memorial because of the results of my test at the first appointment. I'm also being refered to a counsellor for therapy.

Hope all goes well for you..... you sound about a month behind me and I hope (god and PCT willing) to have my surgery at the earliest October and at the latest in December! Fingers Crossed!!!!

ah great, at least that has cleared a few things up 4 me!!! i was gettin a little worried incase i ave put any weight on since my seminar, i dont ave any medical conditions and not any medications so hopefully my appointment runs smoothly ha x

i put on 4lbs between seminar and first appointment and they set me a weight loss target of 5kg at my fist appointment.

i would just say when you fill your questionnaire out think about what your putting becuase if you score high on the lack of sleep they may send you for a sleep test and if you score high emotionally you might have to see the psychologist . both of which can delay and make your journey to surgery longer. i know its cheating and i shouldnt encourage it but just worth a thought xxx

what is emotionally high mean? i am not worried bout the sleep bit, ah i am gettin worried now nd my appointment is next week x

Back