• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ggrrr why do i find it so hard to talk to my other half!!!

Good luck xxxx Got everything crossed for you

By the sounds of it he's fine about the financial side of things...just the reality of it might be hard to get one's head round

piratess u will be wearing that band in no time!

Go for it .... Lol resort tk cooking him a nice meal bottle of wine romance and then just say darling do u think we can go along and apply for the loan 2moz .... How cud he say no !!! Xxxxx

:hug99:I feel for you Piratess. I know you are working so hard to try and get the cash together. Now this is going to sound spooky but last night I noticed the euro millions jackpot is £107 million. I sat here and thought with that money I would help a few people to have their surgery and you were the first person to pop into my head.

I never have any luck with those things but I just bought two lucky dips - just in case it was a sign:D.

You will get there one day. You may have to just sit down with hubby and start the conversation. You need to convince him how much the op will benefit all of you.

tranquil x
You know, I also would just go ahead and arrange the appointment, say that you'd like him to come, but if he doesn't you still go on your own.
I went ahead with the pre-procedure meeting without telling my husband anything. Only when I had decided that I wanted to go ahead (paid for by me) did I tell him. I work hard for my money and if it's something that I want to do for me then so be it. OK, the money could've been spent on a new roof but it didn't which sounds terribly selfish. Sometimes you've just got to do what's best for you and, in the long term, for the family.
x

Bloomin' silly Horse.

Lynne x

Hey all :)

Thanks so much for your replies ....

He is a really nice bloke one of lifes gems :) i love him with everything i am he has taken on so much with me and my girls and then our son he is really amazing ...

when i had a consultation in Jan he came with me, he tried to understand (hes never had a weight problem) .. he asked questions and was with me every step of the way, he said without any thought that if we had the money i could have it no problems atall.

I think its just the signing up for 4 yrs of me paying a loan off and worrying about having months when i cant afford it.

hes already agreed that tonight IS the night lol so we will see :)

thanks for letting me chat away here xxxx

My husband has 3 credit cards with no balances on as he likes to pay them off straightaway and they are handy for extra insurance for big purchases like holidays etc. One sent through an offer for 18 months interest free balance transfer so we have taken advantage of that. The timing was perfect as we were discussing how to afford the op. We are going halves on the repayments. I wouldn't have been able to pay the £6k on my own in 18 months before the interest kicked in.

Wishing you the very best of luck. Your man sounds like a good 'un. Hope he really hears you this time. If it's do-able then do it - it's an 'investment' for the future for all sorts of reasons.

x

Fingers crossed for you. I truly believe that it has nothing to do with the money. I think that he is a little scared of what might go wrong, how it might change your relationship etc. My husband, thought not a talkative fella (not that any of them are!), didn't really offer any comments until eventually I found out he was worried.

my husband was much the same initially, and i now know it was because he was scared.
i booked my initial consultation without him knowing and took information home to show him. i didnt go ahead with surgery for 6 months after that which gave him time to come around to the idea.
at the moment the entire cost is on my credit card, but he has now said he will give me some money towards it.
give him time xxx

I am sure that you will find a way of discussing it and it will all fall in to place. Then you will probably wonder what you were worried about. Hang in there and keep at him. I am very lucky with my hubby, once i had told him what I was thinking of doing. He told me that he would stick by me whatever I decided to do and so long as it made me happy, he was happy too. (I still have to have my op and I'm still waiting for funding, but I known that he will be therefore every step of the way). Good luck XX

Back