• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling great .. here is why

ryanrara

RyanRARA
So today I saw my GP, reason being was to discuss the idea of him putting me forward for plastics when the time comes, a hernia (new) needing repair and although yesterday I decided not, once in his room I also decided to ask for some Orlistat. First & foremost he congratulated BMI which is now 30.1. He was an honest in saying plastics will be difficult but he will work with me to get it, well try get it. He didn't know the required BMI in the Dudley area for men, but said he would go away and find out. But we had a frank an open conversation about it and he left me feeling quite positive that we could succeed, yet he offered no promise or gaurantee and re-ittorated that if anything, it would be a struggle. When I asked about Orlistat (to help break down any fat I did take in), to my surprise as I cockily said before 'My GP does anything I ask', he said no way Jose. He reminded me how well I am doing, that I am only 13 month post op, I've had a lot going on yet I am still losing. What is the hurry he said? Why would I want to overload body when my body is still adapting to change. He was so right and I am actually super pleased at seeing him tonight. Then if that wasnt cool enough, at the pharmacy 5 minutes later, first time I been in there since maybe Christmas last year, as been down in London, I had an amazing moment. I walked in, handed in prescription, said hi and smiled and noticed he barely looked up, offish I thought as me and the family been going there for 5 years almost. But hey ho, didnt really think much in to it. Two minutes later, after the assistant gave him the slip, I hear him gasp, and go No, No, Ryan Ryan is that really you? Oh my Gosh, your dad said how well you have done, this cant be the same man that last year returned 60 bottles of fortimel. Oh my gosh oh my gosh. He then comes and shakes my hand, saying how well i look and even apologized for not recognizing me. I was so elated folks, and we had a talk of my journey and what not but that was officially my first post op experience of truly not being recognized. I was so happy, as I walked out instead of turning right to take a five minute walk home, I turned left and walked an extra twenty minutes. Cos I can and I want too! I have had some **** of late and life has given me it's fair share of hurdles as of late, but you know what my op/weight loss was in many ways my rebirth, even at 30, so all I can say is onwards and upwards!

Fantastic Ryan xx Pleased you didnt get the orlistat, have you tried that before, it is awful, I couldnt see it doin ya much good really, well done though keep trucking xx

Thanks all, I do feel super fab! And Chrisa, yes have had orlistat pre op, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
is all i can say, lol, vile stuff

xx

Wow fantastic weight loss and what a great feeling that must of given you a a super boost. xx

You deserve every bit of praise & admiration. Truly inspiring. Keep up the good work & enjoy your new life & body.

Ryan I had bad experiences from Orlistat bout 14 years ago now when it was quite new at our gp's surgery. I I had lots of accidents, I worked in our local chemists at the time, but i used to serve on the counter and when you gotta go you gotta go. I ruined more pants n clothes through those horrid greasy stools/diaorrhea the stains would not come off, the doc said I had bad side effects that most don't have as severe. I came off them after bout 3 months, I could smell it on myself even when I had just come out of the bath had a distinct smell which I will never forget, was embarassing working in the shop dealing with customers in case people could smell what I could. x Pleased you didnt get them again.x

Awesome Ryan! And agree with everyone orlisdat is yuck and crisa I stopped after 3 weeks bec I smelt that smell! You've done well keep it up!

Back