• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gidday from the other land Down Under

Dilligaf

Hi there. I'm a recent post-op, having had gastric bypass on May 1.

I have been overweight pretty much all my life and while I've had some success with diet and exercise in the past, I haven't managed to keep the weight off.

My best result was about 6 years ago, when I shifted nearly 30kg in six months. Unfortunately, I devoloped gallstones, got an infected gallbladder and pancreatitis and ended up having emergency surgery.

Then all the weight I had lost came back to haunt me ... and it brought a few extras along for good measure over the next year or so.

I originally looked into bariatric surgery just over a year ago but ended up having some health problems that meant I wasn't well enough for any sort of surgery. However, I've had a pretty good year and my dodgy old heart has improved much more than my cardiologist had expected so instead of having the heart surgery I was meant to have in April, I instead had RNY gastric bypass.

So far, things are going pretty well and apart from a spectacular array of bruises and a weird delayed allergic reaction to the carrier used for the anti-clotting injections, it's been a fairly unevenful recovery. long may it continue!

Welcome to the boards :)

Hi and welcome. I had a gastric bypass on 3rd june so I'm a couple of days behind you. I been amazed that the bruises are still coming out on me lol. Wishing you the best of luck with your weight loss journey. X

Hi and welcome. I had a gastric bypass on 3rd june so I'm a couple of days behind you. I been amazed that the bruises are still coming out on me lol. Wishing you the best of luck with your weight loss journey. X

My op was May 1, so it's been 6 weeks, and believe it or not, I'm still bruised!

Hopefully the bruising will go down soon :)

Hiya :) Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome and congratulations xx

Hi and welcome. Hopefully the bruises will go soon x

My op was May 1, so it's been 6 weeks, and believe it or not, I'm still bruised!

Sorry I must have been having a blonde moment. I read it totally wrong I read 1st june sorry :(. I seem to be doing alot of daft stuff just lately I don't know if it's due to tiredness or not X

Sorry I must have been having a blonde moment. I read it totally wrong I read 1st june sorry :(. I seem to be doing alot of daft stuff just lately I don't know if it's due to tiredness or not X

It's to do with having your innards jumbled! Cut yourself some slack Hun you've been through a lot!

It's to do with having your innards jumbled! Cut yourself some slack Hun you've been through a lot!

I forget what I've been through yvessa because i feel great and the staples are out. I dare say i have never felt so good in my life. Its just the wind pain on a night that reminds me that I've had something done lol.x

Last edited:
That is very normal, and you will feel better, but be careful, if you overdo it your body will let you know pretty quickly.

Anaesthetics always make my brain a bit fuzzy for a few weeks ... I have real trouble concentrating on anything. I'm normally an avid reader and get through at least one book a week but haven't been able to read much more than a few trashy magazines since the surgery. I now know more about the Kardashians than anyone needs to know!

Anaesthetics always make my brain a bit fuzzy for a few weeks ... I have real trouble concentrating on anything. I'm normally an avid reader and get through at least one book a week but haven't been able to read much more than a few trashy magazines since the surgery. I now know more about the Kardashians than anyone needs to know!

oh, I hear you! I was reading an old copy of "People" in the hospital as though it was an academic paper :cry:

Welcome x

Back