• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Ireland

JackTheLass

Hi All

At the moment I have a gastric band, I have it almost 3 years now and it helped me to lose 10 and a half stone. Last year I had a severe reaction to an anti-biotic and it caused me to stop being able to swallow food and come out in a full body rash. This got me into a cycle of defills/fills. I never got back to a good level of restriction. Then in March of this year I lost total restriction and have since found out I have a leak.

I have regained about 3 stone in the last year, I'm not sure exactly as I avoid the scales like the plague.

I have decided I've had enough with the band, I don't want to risk more problems in the future if I fix the leak so I am having revision surgery on June 25th in Leeds with Mr Halstead. I am revising to a sleeve.

To say I am scared is an understatement, I'm petrified. I honestly never thought I'd be facing a second type of bariatric surgery. The risks are terrifying me but there is also some excitement and looking forward to getting myself back on track and no more fills/defills or fear of erosions, slips etc.

I'm sure I'll change my mind a million more times by Tuesday!

Hi and welcome, sounds like you have had a tough time of it!

Its only natural to feel worried, I bet you did before your band op too?

Good luck, look forward to hearing how it all went x

Hi All

At the moment I have a gastric band, I have it almost 3 years now and it helped me to lose 10 and a half stone. Last year I had a severe reaction to an anti-biotic and it caused me to stop being able to swallow food and come out in a full body rash. This got me into a cycle of defills/fills. I never got back to a good level of restriction. Then in March of this year I lost total restriction and have since found out I have a leak.

I have regained about 3 stone in the last year, I'm not sure exactly as I avoid the scales like the plague.

I have decided I've had enough with the band, I don't want to risk more problems in the future if I fix the leak so I am having revision surgery on June 25th in Leeds with Mr Halstead. I am revising to a sleeve.

To say I am scared is an understatement, I'm petrified. I honestly never thought I'd be facing a second type of bariatric surgery. The risks are terrifying me but there is also some excitement and looking forward to getting myself back on track and no more fills/defills or fear of erosions, slips etc.

I'm sure I'll change my mind a million more times by Tuesday!
I will want all the gory details!!! May even be able too see you Wednesday!
Jo x

We all have been going through a whole range of emotions prior to op.
I entered theatre weeping like a child and woke up after op still asking myself if I had made the right choice.
6 weeks post op I'm so happy with my sleeve that I wonder how I could do without!

Back