• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gifts after bariatric surgery

JO28172

Yes it's Sunday and I'm bored :)

Anyone received chocolates following surgery instead of flowers? I haven't but it's a stupid thought that entered my mind <nutter> :D

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i have on several occasions. I have just accepted gratefully as the gift they were given as and passed them on to a charity for a raffle prize.

I bet my OH someone would have had, despite him being so adamant no one would have....they're good to sniff I guess!! x

i hope i dont lol but i dont eat chocolate anyway so its no big deal for me and people that know me wont buy it but if they do im sure my daughter and oh will happily be fighting over it

the people that have bought them for me are usually the grandparents etc of the children i look after so its all very innocent.

hhhmmmmm........i can asure you mine will most likely be bought by my daughter and oh just so that they can eat them lol

MAYBE we should have a wish list lying around ??? lol

Well, my son, bless him . . he came round last night with a bar of no added sugar chocolate that he bought in an expensive gift shop type sweetie shop! I told him I wouldn't be able to eat things with a high sugar content after the op but joked about, when everything is healed, would the no added sugar type confectionary be allowed, and the poor kid took me seriously and bought some :(

I just told him that I wouldn't be allowed to try anything like that for a few months yet. Didn't know what else to say. He has Asperger's syndrome and takes things very much to heart.

Aw bless that's lovely tho...I think I may have had to tell him a porky after getting some special chocolate! Xx

Yes it's Sunday and I'm bored :)

Anyone received chocolates following surgery instead of flowers? I haven't but it's a stupid thought that entered my mind <nutter> :D

Had four bunches of flowers all in all, one of which was persoanlly delivered by my consultant who I work for on Saturday, but not a chocolate in site. The thought of it at the moment makes me feel quite ill. ;)

Well, I've only gone and done it !. As I have now reached 4 stone loss post op, and 9 stone loss in total, I thought I should treat myself, and have ordered myself an Ipad.

It will come in handy for work as well especially now I am going to be staying away a lot more than I have been in the past.

Oooohhh to feel ill thinking about chocolate!!!!!

As for the Ipad ... good for you!! Technology would take my mind off chocolate ... well, maybe!!! :)

Back