• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Girls night out, question....

Ali_B

:DWell i'm 3 months out for surgery.
I have been really good with alcohol, not a drop in 4 months!!
What do i drink? I'm going away for a few days with the girls. Really looking forward to letting my hair down, and letting go for one night!
What can i drink? I used to drink Vodka & Orange. Orange juice makes me dump! can't drink a fizzy drinks so no vodka & diet coke.
Can i drink wine? or any other suggestions.

I've been told by surgeon:strictly no alcohol for the first year, ideally for two. Have a good time in any case :)

i drink wine and soda with plent of ice to kill the fizz. but remember to drink slowly and have a glass of water between each alcoholic drink. you will get drunk very quickly!!

SRH says no alcohol for 3 months!! Christmas day for me :D xx

I drink wine, have always been ok with it and tbh I don't get drunk any faster nut hav heard alot of others do.
I had a blow out a couple of weeks ago as a one off special occasion and drank 2 bottles x

Thanks i might try wine over the weekend before the night out, making sure i don't do anything stupid away from home like dump!
Even thought about orange fruit shoot and vodka!! need to let me hair down.

I know someone that has bacardi and diet coke and just stirs all the fizz out of the dc. Have fun x

I don't drink at all it's hard enough finding a non alcoholic drink I like usually a lime & soda, these days it's going to be even tougher we need to dilute fruit juices, others are full of fizz or sugar.

Im 2.5years post op and find that wine always has gone down nicely and just drink sprirts neat with no fizzy lol! only joking drink slwly with small sips and i find its okay!

im still a light weight now get drunk quick same as before no difference! hehe!

I drink wine with no probs, but I would recommend you trying a drink at home first to make sure you are OK. You WILL get drunk quicker and Im talking maybe one drink or two... so you might need to consider drinking water between each drink so you dont ruin your night.

As time goes on, your alcohol tolerance will get back to more like normal.

You lucky things :D. I have never been able to drink. Half a glass of shandy and I am anybody's for the asking :D. God knows the effect if I drank now :wave_cry:

great thread , i am having bypass on 3rd nov omg... i lead a very busy social life out every weekend i don,t know how i will cope without a drink for a year ................

Last edited:
I was told at my 6 week check no reason why I couldnt drink alcohol but be careful as would get drunk quicker... I drink vodka and diet coke but stir the fizz out and have loads of ice.. I dont get drunk quicker at all.. just same as before. Ive also had red wine and Sangria on holiday.. all without any problems.

I do keep it to a minimum though because it is empty calories and I want to get the most out of these first 6 months.. I also dont want to fall victim to addiction transfer... but no way am I giving up my social life especially now I'm able to enjoy it without feeling self concious and fat, hiding away in the corner... Trying at home first is very good advice. Enjoy x

Found some sugar free cranberry and blueberry juice in asda.
Thanks for the posts on addiction transfer, this is the first drink in 14 weeks as i have been so careful. Cross my fingers...but we have to try and balance life - fun V healthy lifestyle.
Tried water down fresh J20 - dumped for the 4th time since op.
very excited!!

Back