• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Girls night out, question....

My surgeon says 1 year, but I've spoken to a few others in the office and they said when you hit your goal weight. The reasoning is that you can send your liver into failure. It's working overtime as we all lose weight and if you throw alcohol in the mix it can be bad. I'm dying for a glass of wine but not worth the risk for me

Good luck and be careful

1 month down 23.4 lbs

I'm 3 weeks post op and I rang my bariatric nurse on sat to ask if I could have a drink and she said it was ok but just take it steady. I had 3 bottles of beer and felt fine. I can't imagine becoming alcoholic by going out 1 night a week

I can't imagine becoming alcaholic. I like wine and beer, but as we all know, our tastes change, so by the time I feel ready to try a drink, I may not fancy it anyway. Although, who could really never fancy gin and tonic again, lol?
Seriously though, I don't forsee this becoming a problem for me. And, reading between the lines while reading through the posts, I think most of us are sensible enough to know that alcahol contains 'empty calories' and none of us are going to want to overdo this!!

Well I did go out and had a couple of vodkas. It felt great to let my hair down.
Most bars don't have a NAS fruit juice, so i took some in my bag and asked if i could add it! Both didn't have a problem with adding my own mixer.
No desire to have more....but good to have a night out. I'm struggling on how to feel normal again, i understand the logic of you replace one addiction with another.
Another hurdle achieved.

Back