• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going back to work after wls

sav1990

Addicted to this site lol
Taking my first steps on my journey and the 1 thing that is concerning me is how long I will have to be off from work...see I work as a Nanny I look after 1 child only 4 year old that goes to school so only need to pick him up, cook him tea and entertain him for about 3 to 4 hours everyday apart from the full time 10 hours so I would love to know everyones experiences of how long they took off. My only worry is not so much the work involved but the tube and bus journey that take about 50 minutes each way.
Please let me know your experiences.
CHEERS xx

Hi Sav1990

Welcome to the forum!

They recommend the first 4 weeks, however I am doing your job now in having my own 6yr old lol however this week hubby has been taking him to school and picking him up but other times I'm cooking dinner, reading with him etc all the things you would do normally,
in my honest opinion maybe take it easy the first week then see how you feel for the second.

hope this kind of helps!

Cheers
Kaz
x

Hi Sav1990,

I would say it depends on the type of surgery. for my band I have only had one week off and I am back at work this week, although my job does not involve lifting. I was able to help with my 3 year old last week but again no lifting

x

Wow thank you for your replies....excellent really helpful just gives me an idea what time frame it may involve. :) I was worried of having to be laid out sort to speak for weeks afterwards around 2 weeks sounds or so it's excellent good. :)

i was back doing the school run half an hour walk after 1 week after having my sleeve done, well was back at school in the car (my mum driving) 3 days later now im back to work next week im a cleaning and carer so just having to be careful of what i do lifting etc but im feeling great good luck with your op do you know what your having yet

Welcome to the forum x

Ahhh Loughton, one of my old stamping grounds. We'd always start off with fish and chips upstairs at Chariots - shows how long ago THAT was !! - before hitting the pubs!

Back