• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going for second top up with my band..HELP

chezza1

Hiya everyone and sorry i have not been around for a while. i have been really busy with work and Christmas etc.... staving all the time. I had my band in october and was doing really well i lost 3 stones but the week before christmas i went for a top up because i started to eat a lot more than i had been doing. I have got christmas out of the way and thank god for that because i have put on 7lbs..i know it does not sound much but it is to me and im now constantly hungry. Has anyone come across this??? i had 3mls put into my band and when i go on thursday i want another 3 in...Has anyone had this problem with hunger???

Simple answer is yes.

I am at a very similar stage to you, had operation in October and had only one fill of 3.25 mils so far (dues second one in Feb)

I have days where I am ok and days when I am ravenous and could eat a scabby donkey. But I am learning that a few savoury crackers and a cup of tea can hold me off between meals. Its blooming hard though and it takes every ounce of me not to eat.

Keep the faith, we will all get there in the end.:D

Hiya Cazbandy, oh dear i so hope when i have had my secong top up the hunger starts to go. My next door neighbour has had the band fitted for nearly 2 years and she has told me im eating the wrong stuff which i don't think is true..yeh maybe over christmas i had the odd cheat but im eating really good stuff like pasta and salads that kind of thing..its not the amount im eating its the hunger i seem to not be able to tell when im full anymore. I was always told when you have your second and third top up the hunger goes away..your first top up does not really seem to do much.

I can remember being told, you hit the sweet spot betewwn 4-6 fills on average...but everyone is an individual.

Pasta is not the best choice though as it will fill you up to quick but not satisfy nutrional needs.

I have pasta once a month if that.....

Maybe try other things, more hard protein should work, like chicken, turkey or fish.

I seem to have trouble with meats so try to stick to fish. I just feel as if its stuck. Ive never been sick with it but i do get the feeling...what other foods do you tend to stick with. If i have pasta its from marks and spencers the ones made up with a bit of fish and salad in them.

I can eat chicken but has to be small (and I mean small) bites, about the size of a brazil nut. I can do all fish including prawns. I can do burgers but only have a small one very rarely. I can eat beef, lamb and pork but tend to steer clear of red meats.

I can cope with bread but only ever one slice and it has to be toasted or good wholemeal.

Vegetables, I prefer cooked ones and have been able to cope with everything I have tried, including broccoli.

I don't eat any white bread products now.

Pasta is ok but I find it fills me up too quick and then ten minutes later feel hungry again, so when I do spag bol, I just have the meat and sauce, with some grated cheese.

Rice is the same, its more of a treat now.

I can still eat naughty things but I only allow a little bit on a Friday night as a treat. Life without this would not be life.

I have tried loads of fruit and as long as they are soft, without too much skin, I cope.

The secret really is tiny bites and chew like a nutter, till its really smooched up in your mouth. This makes me think I have eaten more than I have....I rarely finish most things.

We are all different and its when we start to compare to others we feel that something is wrong and our drive and motivation falters...

You are doing well, you lost 3 stones, thats brilliant:D

Back