• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second Op, second Failure

bikerlady

:cry::cry::cry:Hi everyone, its been a while since I last posted, sadly I never seem to have anything positive to say about my experience. I had my original band op in April 2012, by December I had no restriction, after being messed about by my provider it took months to find out that my band was actually un-clipped, something I hadn't been made aware of as a potential problem. I had to have corrective surgery in October last year, and I had to pay for it. 9 months on I am still the same size and weight despite me sticking to the recommended eating plan. Today I went for a band fill, as the last few have had no affect, only to discover the band is empty, which explains why I have never felt any different or lost weight :cry: I am devastated and wish I had ever had the damned op. Has anyone else suffered similar problems, I am beyond desperate now, thanks all:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Really feel for you biker lady .. What's your provider said ...

:grouphugg:

my band has failed too but least I had it working for 2yrs first how awfull for you hope they sort you out quickly iv decided not to have another band again im opting for bypass

aww not had band yet but im thinking of the wrap for the exact reason of any of these problems arising,,, im scared mine will not work too, :(

Oh no! you poor thing, this really isn't on after they made you pay last time. You paid a lot of money to have something that clearly is faulty put inside you. I hope you manage to get this resolved xx

Do you know if they only re clipped the band last time, it sounds like you may have a leak - could this have been as a result of the last op?

I do know someone who had a faulty band which was replaced, then the tubing of the new one damaged during another op.

Thank you all for your replies, its an awful situation to be in. I would strongly advice anyone considering to use THG to choose a different provider. They are just a money making machine and do not care one bit about people. Through my own experiences, you are basically on a production line, as soon as your ash is in the bank they change their attitude and treatment towards you almost immediately. DONT be mislead by the encouraging words, sales pitch and suave façade of Dolan Park, believe me they cant kick you out fact enough, and I have yet to see the surgeon and get a copy of his report, 9 months after the second op! I am certain there are good providers out there and please pursue your dream, but NOT with THG!! Good luck all, I do wish you every success and future happiness, thank you for your support, now can anyone recommend a good solicitor!! xx

Poor you, I really feel for you. I remember the saga of the first band and how unhelpful your provider was. I can feel myself getting angry on your behalf again. Your experience was one of the things that decided me against the band. Also there are quite a few studies out there about high band failure and complication rates, which increase the longer a band has been in place. Fingers crossed you get legal redress.

im so sorry you've had such a bad experience - not once. But twice. I didn't like the whole approach by THG from initial contact onwards, and I for one am pleased that I did go with the provider I went with. I know people have positive and negative experiences with their providers, but its awful how they have treated you and things still aren't resolved :(

Am so sorry u have had these problems finger x it will all get sorted for u very soon and it's a real shame thg has been like this with u as I can honestly say they been great with me:) but I do agree about kick out time at Dolan park I was kicked out at 5:30 am the day after my op I slept all way home and all that day that the only thing I can say I didn't like but there then that I have had a gd experience.
I do hope u are able to get some help and advice from them on how to moved forwards
Sending BIG hugs x

Lisa x x

I'm so sorry you are experiencing such probs... Hope all work out for you... Xx

Thank you all so very much for your comments. I went for an x-ray tonight, been a long long day. I had to get up at 4.45 to get to work early so I could leave to travel to Manchester for the evening appointment. Anyway, it was the same guy who did the x-ray when my band came un-clipped, he saw the problem straight away, a small metal connector part way down the tube was leaking, the fluid just poured straight out, hence no fill and no restriction, he told me he see's at least one a month fail, is that really acceptable?.......I am still the same size I was when I had the first procedure in April 2011 :-( I cant lie, I am totally gutted that I am facing surgery number three, that will be 2011, 2012 and 2013............ value for money, I don't think so........Robbing b****** comes to mind :-(
I saw a solicitor last time and I had a case but as I wanted to secure further treatment and the revision surgery so I didn't take action....If the 'product' is so unreliable and fails so quickly, then I think I will have no option but to pursue this as I will need funds to pay for further costs..........Its a bloody rip off. Please be wary of THG, and if anyone can recommend other providers, I would be grateful if you could get in touch. Sorry for sounding so negative. I had such high hopes for this surgery, 30 years of endless diets, fads etc failing, it was, as most of you will appreciate, my last option......... Some might say call it a day and have the band taken out, if I do, all of this will have been for nothing, so I cant.......BUT.......cosmetic surgery needs to be regulated more stringently, the patient, client whatever they chose to call us, should not have to pay for defective products or incompetent staff......I have several appointments with solicitors to see if this can be pursued, I will let you know how it goes. Bless you all xxxx

That's horrible... I hope they can fix it once and for all. If not, I wonder if the provider is really good. Honestly, I hope you can get it resolved. X

Good luck hun, Im sure you have a case. Without your notes from the last fix whose to say it wasn't leaking right from the start?

Whatever the case its just not acceptable!

You are right there needs to be tighter regulations over these companies but to be honest you would think that would be more the case when going abroad. You kind of expect to be 'safe' in the UK!?

Xx

Thank you all so very much for your comments. I went for an x-ray tonight, been a long long day. I had to get up at 4.45 to get to work early so I could leave to travel to Manchester for the evening appointment. Anyway, it was the same guy who did the x-ray when my band came un-clipped, he saw the problem straight away, a small metal connector part way down the tube was leaking, the fluid just poured straight out, hence no fill and no restriction, he told me he see's at least one a month fail, is that really acceptable?.......I am still the same size I was when I had the first procedure in April 2011 :-( I cant lie, I am totally gutted that I am facing surgery number three, that will be 2011, 2012 and 2013............ value for money, I don't think so........Robbing b****** comes to mind :-(
I saw a solicitor last time and I had a case but as I wanted to secure further treatment and the revision surgery so I didn't take action....If the 'product' is so unreliable and fails so quickly, then I think I will have no option but to pursue this as I will need funds to pay for further costs..........Its a bloody rip off. Please be wary of THG, and if anyone can recommend other providers, I would be grateful if you could get in touch. Sorry for sounding so negative. I had such high hopes for this surgery, 30 years of endless diets, fads etc failing, it was, as most of you will appreciate, my last option......... Some might say call it a day and have the band taken out, if I do, all of this will have been for nothing, so I cant.......BUT.......cosmetic surgery needs to be regulated more stringently, the patient, client whatever they chose to call us, should not have to pay for defective products or incompetent staff......I have several appointments with solicitors to see if this can be pursued, I will let you know how it goes. Bless you all xxxx

Can I ask who your surgeon was. I had problems last year with Alan Li.

Hi, It was Mr Alan Li Mac 80, I now regret letting him do the revision surgery because if the first problem was caused by him he would hardly be likely to admit to finding something wrong. It should have been someone independent. I am now waiting for the x-rays to be sent to him and then I should hear what my options are. I am seeking legal advice. This should not happen. They don't take responsibility for the problem, the band (Allergan) has proved to be totally un-reliable, it failed just after 6 months following the op to have it put in, then failed again after the same period of time for a second time. They may as well put a bloody zip in, because the only option will be surgery for the third year in a row. Its cost a small fortune, money saved long and hard for. If you bought anything else for that amount, would you really accept it going wrong so soon! I will keep you informed, best of luck guys xxxx

Back