• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Second Op, second Failure

Hi Bikerlady, it sounds like your band is broken in the same place as both mine and jackthelass's. I have already had a flipped port revised so decided just to get a sleeve. Didn't want to throw anymore money at the band so when THG refused to repair for free I went elsewhere. I'm booked for revision to a sleeve on August 20th so am currently on my Pre op diet. Have you got a date or cost for repair yet? I'm going to a solicitor once my band is out. (My new surgeon has promised to give it back to me as intact as possible). Hope you get sorted soon!
Jo x

Oh and jackthelass's also revised to a sleeve but with THG, different surgeon though (she didn't get to keep her band!)

Hi Jo, poor you, I am so sorry to hear about your problems, I know how so upsetting and disappointing it is for you and Jackthelass must be feeling it too. I have now met with a solicitor, they assessed my case (before the second failure) and today I set the wheels in motion. The guy who came to my house to see me told me he had recently met with another lady who's band had failed. He believed I definitely have a claim and felt THG should pay for the costs of treatment and told me to insist on it. I go to see Mr Li in a few weeks so we will see.. I think its about time THG started to get some adverse publicity, I am going to contact watchdog and anyone who is interested in hearing about them. If you want to know which solicitor I contacted (no win no fee), and I am sure they will be happy to help you, its Rapid Solicitors. I think the more people who challenge and claim against them the better, because they may then start to take responsibility for their mistakes and problems. They cant keep treating us like cash cows, may be a good idea to find out just how many people have suffered like us. Good luck with it, I hope you get sorted soon hun, bless you xxx

Omg!!! I am booked with THG for 2 weeks today...... Please tell me anyone had good experiences ????

Sorry to hijack biker ladies post. xxx

While i dont want to take away from the despair and dusappointment that she and others may have, in all likelihood there are going to be people who have had bad experiences with other surgeons/providers too. All i can say to reassure you is that personally, I have had a fantastic experience with THG. I had my band op and thankfully no issues and the two year aftercare always provided what I paid and signed up to. I also had a mastopexy with implants after all my weight loss. Definitely not a fault of THG, but through a normal/common complication of major surgery I ended up with a life threatening complication. Again THG aftercare was fantastic. I wasn't treated by the nhs, but THG had me back on the operating table within ten minutes of arriving at Dolan Park, with two surgeons working into the night on me. That was then followed up by a massive series of follow up appointments over the next three months with both nurses and surgeons. No complaints from me!

At the end of the day, I totally agree that those people who have received poor service are entitled to demand recompense/redress, however maz, the choice is yours ... try not to worry though xxx

Thanks flutter!! Must admit to a sleepless night!!

And the same ... Biker girl I too would seek legal advice. And fingers crossed for a good resolution for you xx

Omg!!! I am booked with THG for 2 weeks today...... Please tell me anyone had good experiences ????

Hi there, I have nothing but good to say as well up to now so don't worry.

All fills have been good, no struggle with appointments x

Back