• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Not losing weight

Babynurse

Hi, I'm just over 3 years post surgery and I've really struggled all the way through.
I had a 10ml.band in April 2014 and I have lost 3 stones but over the last 12 months, my weight has yo yo'd.
Since December when I had to have 3mls taken out of my band as the small fill I'd had was too tight. No problems for a couple of days then wham! reflux and pain.
I went on a winter holiday last Dec and over the Christmas period I pit on 10lbs! I have nearly 6mls in my band now and I haven't had a fill for two months. I'd joined Healthier Weight on a monthly payment contract for a minimum of 6 months which I am cancelling tomorrow.
Now I've gone back to Slimming World to have some structure and support.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

traceyb79

Hi

I have been the same. I am nearly 2 years post op. I think I was too tight for a long time so went down the chocolate/biscuits route as I couldn't really eat food and I was still losing weight but felt so rubbish and I couldn't sustain living like that: I had 2 mls taken out over xmas to work back up to a manageable level. In four months I put on a stone. I am not basically back where I was in tightness but I have joined slimming world also to make sure I am following some sort of plan and to be accountable again to something, maybe old habits die hard. I have now lost the stone I put on and am managing to choose healthier options. Although I still think I am too tight.

Are you still able to eat a lot?