• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good Luck Deebol & Kazcita!

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Just wanted to say a huge good luck for your band ops tomorrow! Hope everything goes smoothly for you both and that you manage to sleep well tonight!

In my head I remember someone else is having their op tomorrow too :confused: but I may be getting confused with the tuesday ladies :eek:

Last edited:
Aww thank you so much Shel!!! And you too Charlie :) I am not taking my laptop with me so won't be able to give updates until Tuesday but I will will be telling you all about it then! My flight leaves Belfast at 2.35 this afternoon and I'm spending the night in Ladybird Lodge - hope it is OK.

I am worrying myself sick at present but I am sure it will be fine. It is reassuring to know that many of you here have had this op or the bypass before and although I have only been here about a week (!) this forum has already been a great source of support for me.

Since I won't have be here before Tuesday, good luck to the girls getting their ops then, wishing you all the best.

Thanks again ladies and look forward to chatting to you again on Tuesday, hopefully will be back in the house by 5pm (curse the flight times!).

Lots of love

Kaz xo

BIG BIG thank you to you all. Im feeling ok actually no nerves yet. Been on the scales this morning and have lost 11lb on pre op diet this week so will the 7lb I lost the week before, im 18lb down allready YIPPEE.

Kaz I'll see you in the morning at Dolan park, will be nice to meet you and know that we are both in it together.

GOOD LUCK to Cowgirl and Lanclass for Tuesday, hope your both ok. Lanclass look out for me Tues morning at Dolan Park and you'll be able to see that I'll be fine and you will be too xx

Thank you all once again for all your wishes

Dee xx

You'll both be grand, it's lovely that you'll have eachother there on the day!

Hi Dee & Kaz, sending BIG amounts of Good Luck for you tomorrow although I`m sure u won`t need it. I`ll look out for u both on Tues am ( I`ll b the one that looks like she`s not slept all night haha ) and u can fill me in on the gory details lol. xxx

BIG BIG thank you to you all. Im feeling ok actually no nerves yet. Been on the scales this morning and have lost 11lb on pre op diet this week so will the 7lb I lost the week before, im 18lb down allready YIPPEE.

Kaz I'll see you in the morning at Dolan park, will be nice to meet you and know that we are both in it together.

GOOD LUCK to Cowgirl and Lanclass for Tuesday, hope your both ok. Lanclass look out for me Tues morning at Dolan Park and you'll be able to see that I'll be fine and you will be too xx

Thank you all once again for all your wishes

Dee xx
What a great weight loss hun, u must b ecstatic. I weigh tomorrow but as I said in an earlier thread, I feel really heavy at the mo. Feel a bit better today though, managed to go to the loo ( sorry - too much info lol ) Hopefully see u Tues am. Good luck again xxx:party0011:

Hello girls!

Am at Birmingham Airport waiting for my flight home. I am OK, and when I last saw Dee at 7am today so was she :)

I experienced a lot more pain than I expected immeadiately after the operation and from about 10pm last night until about 3 this morning. I'd been expecting wind, and had it, but my wounds were sore too and I could feel the band 'hanging' in my stomach in that makes sense to anyone. Dee said to me at one point that she felt like she had been hit by a car and I suppose that is the best way I can think of putting it too.

I actually rang my boyfriend in tears about 11 and fear I worried him quite a bit. But from about 3am I have been mostly fine; there is still plenty of wind and I am in a little discomfort but nothing too bad! Have managed to cart my bag across Birmingham Airport so I can't be in too bad a state. So weight loss here we come :)

Dr Sig and the anaethetist (sp???) were great, as were most of the nurses. There were one or two that weren't QUITE as lovely as the rest but they were all nice. They let me stay until midday today as my flight isn't until 2.35pm. Although I was woken at 6 so they could take my blood pressure I slept for a wee while later which was helpful.

Thanks so much to all of you for all your good wishes, and particular thanks to Dee - it was so great to have you there with me and thank so much (to you and your Mum) for dropping in with me during the day. Sorry I was a complete whinger!!!

I know it's probably a bit late but good luck to Cowgirl, LancsLass and anyone else getting their ops in the next few days :)

Take care all and talk to you later.

Love Kaz xo

Good to hear you're both ok and on the way home! Have a good flight and be careful with your bags, don't be lifting if possible.

Welcome to the losing side!

good to hear it all went ok for you both. take things easy and try to rest. welcome to the losing side xx

Back