• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good Luck To fatbutnot4eva...

Delighted everything went so well for you hun, make sure you take it easy and get lots of rest, oh and welcome to the loser's bench woohooo! :D

Cuppa xx

Thanks guys, Liz (and anyone with a band) this may sound stupid but as I am sore and basically cant lean forward much i.e cant put socks on or pick something up off the floor, can you damage the band forcing to do this or is it just gas and swelling that is causing this bloated feeling/ broken ribs feeling ?
Thanks

Hi Helen, leaning forward wont do damage but it will be uncomfy at this early stage, you will be swollen and bruised inside but this will go away, the broken ribs feeling is natural and some times comes from the port area, where is your port located ? you can define this usually from the largest scar.

Keep taking the pain relief and try to move around the house too as this will help with the gas pains that you may also be experiencing xxx

Liz xxx

Thanks
My port seems to be the fifth scar they are in a sory of curve and it is on my left hand side but quite high up, will go further down after a few stone have gone i hope
x

Glad to see you safely back home Helen....

Speedy recovery wishes being sent your way xx

I'm pleased everything was so great for you. Remember to get enough rest and welcome to the losers bench xxx

So glad to hear everything went well for you Helen... I remember feeling absolutely elated after the op that i'd finally had it done and woken up, :). The pain will get better each day and as Liz said, stretching to put socks on etc won't damage the band, but you will be very swollen and sore so you do need to take it easy, but get up and walk around every now and then to help shift the gas. Also with the stretching, you need to be careful not to stretch and pull about too much in case of pulling the stitches/ glued wounds open etc. I had my mum help me on and off with my socks etc, ha ha.

Katie X

Lovely to see you back and posting. Rest up but move about to shift the wind. Take care x

Glad you came through the op ok, best of luck and here's to a speedy recovery. xx

Hi
Well what a bloody awful night, fell asleep on teh sofa at 8pm woke up at 9pm to mother in law on phone so I went to bed, we have the worst bed in the world, springs sticking out and everything lol..so at 1am I got up, we dont have a clock in the room and i thought it was around 6am !!! got a glass of nas juice and sat on sofa, decided to lie on sofa but couldnt sleep, must have dozed off at around 4am as I woke up at 5am. Made a cup of tea and sat backon sofa. Have more bottom burps than my whole family put together lol.... kids will find that soo funny when they wake up.
Still got pains in the top of my belly under my boobs (where the 5 lots of stitches are) but better than yesterday so thats good.
The liquid paracetamol is revolting and so are the fastabs, and I really am not looking forward to the injection later on.
My hubby goes back to work tomorrow and I just hope I am feeling more mobile so I can get the kids up and ready for school then take them, If my mum takes them which she will everyone will be asking where I am where as when dave (hubby) takes them they think nothing of it if that makes sence.
Got a feeling I might have to tell some people today not looking forward to it but in all honesty I didnt think the operation was going to drain me as much (how nieive) I had a laparoscopy 10 years ago and i was daycase and came home had sore shoudlers but from memory I was fine teh next day so thought i would be the same, silly me.
Sorry if I am painting a bad picture of the whole band thing I dont mean to just dont think that you are nipping into hospital having a part fitted then will be back home and running round after kids or doing housework the next day. I have had three children give me childbirth anyday lol.
But hey its not even been 48 hours since having my op so I cant complain and the heinz tomato soup i had for tea was probably the nicest thing i have ever tasted, followed by a milka lolly (not sure if the dr would approve of that one) I did the most silly thing ever, I decided to weigh myself....why...I can hear you...why...well all that no eating i must have lost loads !!!! I was 5 lb heavier than monday morning !!!!!!!!!!!! I am putting it down to gas and hubby said gas doesnt weigh anything, hey it must do. Anyway I am not worried I know I am doing everything right and even though in teh night I thought what the hell have you done, in almost daylight and with a sensible head I am thinking way to go helen you did it.
xxx
sorry for drawn out post just wanted to get it out of my head
xxx
helen

It will be the gas they pump you up with. It could also be fluid retention were you on a drip. Well done on being positive and don't go over doing things. Take care.

Yes was on a drip.
thanks
x

well done on having your op hun, like everyone else has said try to rest and not do too much, i know its hard when you've got kids to tend to,:family2: but if you have to take them to school, then when you get home go and have a lie down, you will be amazed at how tired you will feel for a little while, even doin little chores will totally wipe you out,:chores016: but soon you will be able to see and feel the effects of your weightloss :scale: and that is such a good feeling :party0019: Take care hun :grouphugg:

Hey helen !! ime up every morning at 4am since my op lol hope your not the same as me cause when 2 in the afternoon comes I am wacked. The bit about putting 5lb on!! I put on all of my weight what I had lost on my pre-op diet:eek: cause I got weighed at the hospital the day I came out. I have to say though it does all come off plus more usualy within the next week or so, so please dont worry about that. Hope your feeling a lil bit better today and keep your chin up. Gail x

Hey helen !! ime up every morning at 4am since my op lol hope your not the same as me cause when 2 in the afternoon comes I am wacked. The bit about putting 5lb on!! I put on all of my weight what I had lost on my pre-op diet:eek: cause I got weighed at the hospital the day I came out. I have to say though it does all come off plus more usualy within the next week or so, so please dont worry about that. Hope your feeling a lil bit better today and keep your chin up. Gail x

I couldn't agree more with Gail - I was in hospital for a month and gained 50lbs - I wanted to cry at first but within 2 weeks of leaving hospital it had all gone and then the weight just fell off. I have never added the 50lbs to my starting weight because I truely feel that it is just water/other bits retained in hospital. Hope you are doing ok hunni xxx

woohoo pretty good nights sleep 11.30 till 4.00 when i woke trying to turn lol hubby helped shove me haha back to sleep after a few mins then woke at 6.30 how fantastic. Helped a million times by my mum and dad having my 2 year old for the night so i could sleep (he likes to get in bed with us)
tmi - had a poo this morning sorry everyone eating their breakie haha xx
feeling sore but bloody brilliant today so i though yes you feel like a lead balloon and look like one but hey the scales are there, and teh 5lb has gone so in 2 weeks 2 days i have lost 14 pound exactly and am 19 stone on the dot. long way to go but hey i feel great.
think by monday i will be my old self again (well lighter)
thanks again for all your messages and advice and support
i honestly mean it when i say i could not have done it without you guys so thank you from the bottom of my heart x
helen
x

Well done on your loss it is brilliant. Things always seem so much better after a good nights sleep but please don't over do things today.

Tink I tried to reply to your thread last night but with hubby and kids i didnt get chance, i hope you are feeling better today you have done fantastic even with such a set back. I have been so emotional for weeks (probably months) and this has rubbed off on my hubby and kids and I think it spoiled christmas but I will make that time back just wait for summer they are goinna be bloody shattered all the things i have planned. Embrace what you have done and look at all the things you are going to do, yes a month is a long time and you want to get it back but think what you have not done in teh past that you can now and it will be worth it i promise xxx
pm me anytime (anyone) I might talk a right load of **** but least i talk lol xxx

Hi Helen

Glad you had a better night last night, each day you will feel better. If you dont like the liquid paracetamol why not try calpol Im sure with having 3 kids you have some in the house. I took the 6 years plus adult dose, its quite nice!

Before you know it you will be back to normal and then some. Take care, hope you have a good day today x

Thankyou Helen...reading your post op posts are really preparing me. I've been quite stressy the last week (25 days to op) and have my pre op tomorrow but you have given me better prep than the hospital could - REALITY:D
Keep us posted on how you feel.....I haven't a clue how long i should be taking off work - although I work from home - I have estimated a fortnight (originally i said a week lol) but don't want to rush back and kibosh the healing process. So will gauge it by your recovery rate lol

Back